&WAIT (CSBwin)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, maybe I have never been in the situation, but I have never seen this happen before in all the time I played PC DM. But sure enough, death clouds, poison clouds, fluxcages all trigger an 'anything' pad! So there you go. No errors made by you, even though while I see the logic, I always understood clouds and flying monsters were special cases that couldn't trigger pads (that second part always annoyed me). Now, the weird thing is under this logic I would have thought levitating monsters would also have triggered pads, but no, not even anything pads

Now, clouds don't trigger the pads if they were formed there - only if you teleport them, which is why this was never seem before, and also adds to the argument that this is an oversight in the code that it happens at all

Finally, while death clouds and poison teleport fine, the fluxcage doesn't - it's graphics still hands around when it should have gone, with that funny glitch zo explosion graphic that happens sometimes . Stepped into it, and the game crashed soon after!
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

OK. Thank you very much for your work.

I am going to change CSBwin so that clouds do not
trigger pressure pads. Perhaps this will fix the
FulYa pit problem when I don't delete duplicate messages.
What about teleported missiles?

Is the teleport Fluxcage a CSBwin problem?

Is the step-into-Zo a CSBwin problem?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Teleported missles flying over a square don't trigger it, and I would say teleported missles shouldn't trigger anything pads either. Someone like zyx might disagree : )

Both of these were PC DM - just checked in CSBwin and a teleported fluxcage is erased normally, so no weird ZO effect generated, no crash.

Umm, at a tangent, is there any code that can know where a missle is and check if it goes over a certain location (or hits a certain target) for DSAs? Also, is it possible tp have an actuator that would be triggered by clouds? (So you could know if an area did have a poison cloud or if a fireball explosed there, etc)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

What if we were to allow you to plant your DSA
and use it like a pressure pad? Your DSA would be given
the information about what just arrived or departed
from the cell and could make up its own mind about
whether it is 'Activated'. THis would allow things like
PressurPads that respond to "Two Gold Keys" and such.
Or to missiles or to clouds. OR whatever.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That would be fantastic : ) Endless possibilities (only if all charatcers are wearing robes on the body could they pass through this door etc etc etc)

I seem to recall it's not possible to pass messages to a DSA on a floor tile, yes? (That wouldn't be a problem, just seeing if I remembered right)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

only if all charatcers are wearing robes on the body could they pass through this door
You can already do this with a Pressure Pad targeting a DSA.

You should be able to target a DSA on a floor tile. Let me
know if you cannot.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry, wasn't thinking when I gave the example. But yes, would be very, very handy anyway!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not that it matters anymore, but I forgot that there was a way to protect again the multiple button presses (looks much cooler if you use a lever of toggling craphic switch) which I used to use. You have the action button set to only work if at the bottom of the list, then you put an alternate pushed in graphic And/Or set simply to rotate position. The 'press on bottom of list' toggles itself, then you have the DSA send a message, delayed by a second, back to the And/Or to rotate it back. As I said, looks cool but more importantly doesn't let some insane maniac press the button a hundred times and break the mechanism or queue a hundred activations while it does its thing