Sci Fi Dungeon... work has started.

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Suule
On Master

Sci Fi Dungeon... work has started.

Post by Suule »

Well I started work on the SciFi dungeon graphics - monsters and items. As we speak Adamo is compiling some promising looking wallsets. I've completed so far:
Icons for 5 Shooting weapons:
M73 Auto Rifle
Scorpion Auto Rifle
Flamethrower
Fusion Cannon
Participle Beam Rifle

Icons for 10 Hth weapons:
Banoyet
Machette
Knife
Sabre
Katana
Broadsword
Laser Rapier
EMP baton
Emergency Fire axe
Powered Axe

Icons for 2 thrown weapons:
Gas Grenade
Frag Grenade

Icon for 1 misc item:
Water Flask (replaces Waterskin)

There is still a LOT of work to do though... Like rewamping most of the Dungeon Master wall decorations to HG wallsets and such but the progress is slowly being made at the expense on my time spent on Emerald Kingdom (I'm waiting for an ordered book on Delphi 7 so I can't develop the editor for DM2.5 yet)

Monsters will be extracted from Hired Guns screencaps but it proves to be more difficult than I originally thought.

While I work on it... I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible for an invisible attack that will wound the first creature in front of the party? DSA code for it anyone?

2. Reloading clips. I plan 8 types of clips = 9mm THV, 7.62mm AP, 1k Joule Cells, Flamer Refil, Rockets, Distruptor Charges, Slugs and .44

3. Which will be preffered - Replacing magic with 'Sweet Science' or PSI? In the first variant flasks can be replaced by syringes, in the latter one... PSI Amps anyone?

4. Is it possible to change some of the intermal CSBWin text/messages? Liike changing the proffession names or some of the messages. Prefferably without alerting the code.

That's it for now.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. Yes. Code depends what exactly you want to do. You use a party attack filter to identify when this 'invisible' attack is triggered, you null out the real attack, and have the attack filter call another DSA that reduces the monster hit points. As for the monster position - I forget if there is a check for that...

2. No question there!

3. Science
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

1. Good! Then there will be Hired Guns guns instead of ones shooting out lightining!

2. DOH! Question was... what's the best way to reload the gun? "Reload" command or auto-reload at the end of the charges?

3. Admit it... it's because of the syringes... ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Don't get the hired guns reference...

Personally I would go for a 'reload' attack attached to each gun - you can easily add a reload time penalty, it's not automatic so player lazy, and it will be slightly easier to code (not by much)
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Well I will get back to doing the graphics... thanks for answering the questions.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I'm with Beo here, a "Reload" option with a time penalty would be nice. It would add a certain strategic element when to reload, which I liked in games like Resident Evil 4. Also, pure science seems much more interesting than PSI to me.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I'm also pondering to replace necklaes with "Implants" (Yeah... System shock 2)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm, I think I'm being thick, but what's PSI? Psycho-Somatic Interference or something? :shock:
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

I cant wait to see all the sprites for these new weapons! Also the pure science thing sounds interesting, as long as the science isn't too "clean", I like nightmare future's where science is viewed with suspicion and is unreliable and dangerous to use.

What about armour? Force fields? and so forth, any ideas for these?
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Armour = Power/Kevlar/Combat//Metal/Flak armour (Ideas from System Shock 2 / Jagged Alliance)

Necklaces = Impants

I think I'll turn one of the wands into a med-kit

Food = Food (that stays).

Lockpicks... I think that will stay too (Although changing the graphics)

I already changed scrolls into Mini discs

Waterskin into a water flask

I'm still thinking of re-doing other stuff.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

sounds like fun, someone should make a 'Battlefield 2 Dungeon Master' :P
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Well Feel free to Sera. I will release the modded Graphics.dat for you all to enjoy.

BTW: Would you be intrested in being one of the champions?