Posh Cider

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Des
Um Master

Posh Cider

Post by Des »

Anyone else been sampling the upmarket ciders that are all the rage in the UK at the moment? Cider drinking used to be associated with tramps and yokels but now it's a trendy drink served in a long glass with ice.

I've tried a few and I particularly liked Magners Irish (sweet, not very strong, but very tasty), Thatcher's Vintage (strong, dry, winelike) and Stowford Press Export (very smooth).

Cider is brewed in the same way as wine, and thus techincally should be taxed as wine in the EU. However, the UK managed to get an agreement to tax it the same as beer because it was a cheap drink for plebs. I guess that argument is not valid any more!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I used to drink a lot of the 'better' ciders when I was a lad (10 years ago). Stuff like Inch's stone cider that came in a great big glass 2 litre jug, and various other small house brewed stuff.

Not tried any for a while, though I'll have the occasional pint of scrumpy. If I'm gonna drink it, its in a proper glass and no ice!

Long live Diamond White! (not - this stuff dissolves the glass)
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Well Cider is the new black. Evidently, Calculators are the new Fashion accesories and New Labour are the New New Conservatives. I read it in a magazine so it has to be true.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

you can never trust the media, well i cant anyway, full of crap, they overexagerate just about everything, or however its spelt
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

If it wasn't for the media, you wouldn't know of 99.9% of things that happen... but I guess they do exaggerate!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ignorance is bliss
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hmm, depends...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

OOp,s typed it out 'right' when I was goign to type 'Bliss is ignorance' instead... ah well, not important, especially not when I need food!