new painting.. gollum

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

new painting.. gollum

Post by cowsmanaut »

did this in class.. was teaching them to use photoshop to paint with..

http://cowsmanaut.gfxartist.com/artworks/100242
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

nice piece of art there cows, wish i could do things like that, but then again im sure nearly everyone else would wish the same thing :P
Immortal Dungeoneer.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Very impressive! How long did it take to whip that one up? It's a shame noone does that at our uni :(
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

was about an hour.. just a painting demo so not a long peice.. no one wants to sit through a 5 hour painting...
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

an hour? yeep, thats quick though for something like that o.o
Immortal Dungeoneer.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Pad.. do you do art there? I thought it was customary to do demo's once in a while for things like sculpture, life drawing, etc..

moo
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

No, I wanted to do art but managed to end up on the wrong course. I'm on Computer Games Development but we did a lot of Photoshop work last year. I didn't think that Photoshop was that powerful to create something like that! This year though, we're working closely with the Games Design guys who have some amazing concept art apparently. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few tips and ideas from those creative souls :P
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

game dev as in computer science game dev? or character creation and backgrounds, textures etc kind of game dev.

Because, our course is surrounding modeling, animation, and texturing for 3D including games. In fact high focus is on games as thats where most of our students get jobs.

here's a link to a graphical god who can kick my ass at photoshop..

www.goodbrush.com

annother link with some artists who use all kinds of stuff who can also kick my ass..

www.conceptart.org

link with photoshop and digital painting tutorials (in the freestuff section)
www.3dtotal.com

enjoy ;)
moo
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Kind of a mix of the two (we do work on character design and textures, 2d sprites and such like) but it's mainly the software engineering / computer science stuff. Last year all we used Photoshop for was to make a concept design for a website :?

This year though, we do a lot more work on computer graphics and eventually work our way towards actually making a game so some experience with modelling and textures and their tools would certainly be a benefit. Thanks for the links, there's some really good stuff on there :)
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hey cows, mind if i ask for a commision? fine art deserves to be paid for ;)
Immortal Dungeoneer.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

depends on what you would like.. I made you that avatar you never use ;)

it also depends on my free time too. I do do them from time to time.

let me know what it is you would like, how much you would like it for, what size, etc and I'll see what I can do.

cheers
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

an avatar i never use? i have used it in some places, plus it has its own special folder :)

as for what i want, all it is is a full body portrait on myself possibly lying down on my side and just happy, oh, and i have a thing for the underside of dragon feets, so if you could show mine thatd be cute ^^, a very dark foresty-like background, nothing too snazzy, as for size, er, 800 x 600 be ok?

beware that im pretty poor, but im still willing to pay a decent amount, cant really think of a price, perhaps you can make one for me?

ill give you these for reference, im not one for coloring my pics in, never been good at it, neither have i got the tools, all i can say is im just a light pale blue (avatar color), pearl white claws and horns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ ... Sera-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/ ... Sera-2.jpg
Immortal Dungeoneer.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

will try to see if I can fit it in.. :)

cheers