The Corpse Bride

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

The Corpse Bride

Post by Gambit37 »

This is one film I have been waiting years for, and am very excited! If the gorgeous Flash site is anything to go by, this film will be outstanding, Tim Burton at his best:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/corp ... /main.html
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

what kind of movie is it (the page you gave doesn`t working good for me)?
(I recommend "Enemy at the gates", wchich I`ve just seen - marvelous!)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Did you click the Launch Flash button?

It's animation, dark and mysterious, but always humorous and even -- sensitive. Have you ever seen "The Nightmare Before Christmas"?

You could also try the plain trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/

Or the non-Flash site:

http://corpsebridemovie.warnerbros.com/
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh I love "Nightmare Before Christmas", that's a great film. I have the soundtrack downloaded on a CD :). I'll watch your link at some point but it's ten past three in the morning atm and I'm about to go to bed.
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

humorous? sensitive? are you sure youre supposed to be seeing things like that gambit? ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've lost my sense of humour over the whole grumpy thing, so please stop. Thanks.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

*looks about* i think paul is gonna have a salty bath when i find him,blame him for my opinions on ya Gambit o.o
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Woooooooow that looks WELL COOL :D. And yes very reminiscent of Nightmare Before Christmas. Also when I went to the trailer site and it has their names written above their heads, I thought that they actually look like Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter. Or maybe it's just me lol ;).
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Absolutely, that's very deliberate. It's quite uncanny how Victor (Depp's character) looks a lot like him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- with that face pulled tight and smooth makeup.

Depp and Burton have made some great films together and I hope that collaboration continues.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Saw the advert for this in the cinema a while ago, and it does look interesting...

Still haven't seen Edward Scissorhands, but loved Sleepy Hollow
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

this one looks really cool ! as always with Tim Burton, except for his 'Planet of Apes' remake.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

We have Edward Scissorhands on video, yeah I like that one too :). Can't think what else I've seen by Tim Burton other than Nightmare Before Christmas and the recent Willy Wonka remake.
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Loads! Here's a few:

Big Fish
Batman
Batman Returns
Ed Wood
Mars Attacks
Sleepy Hollow
Beetlejuice
Planet of the Apes (his worst by far)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ohh I've seen the Batman films and Mars Attacks. My friend has Big Fish on video but I haven't seen it yet. That's all out of those...well I saw a clip of Sleepy Hollow once, it looks alright :).
Location: USA, Washington (West Coast, not DC which some people in Europe confuse us with)

Post by Dark »

I think this will be awesome :D
CURRENTLY HAVING TO RE-DO MY ENTIRE VORTEX DUNGEON AFTER MY HARDDRIVE FAILED ON ME... I only have the Graphics to START ON... >:(
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

No backups? I know how you feel. After I lost a load of stuff due to a hard drive death a few years back I started uploading important files to my webspace. Now I use my MP3 player - *really* quick with USB2.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Please don't comment on something in somebody's signature -- it throws the thread off for no good reason. Start a new thread if you want to comment on that. Thanks.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

if i may interrupt, perhaps he didnt realise it was a sig and thought it was part of the post?

btw gambit, i dunno if you saw my previous location, id like to apologise for it, but dont complain about this one, but it does kinda reflect my true life...

anyway back on topic, i did see this in a cinema magazine, but the dolly kind of movies, really on my thing, i trust your words and opinions on it though.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Beetlejuice is quite an extaordinary film. I watched it when very young, and was scared shitless. I would not hesitate to see it again... with the lights on lol. It has a certain quality to it.

... which is evident in Mars Attacks. What makes a great film? I dunno, but I loved this one! I would be a very bad film critic: I just judge on whether I like it or not! Isn't that the truth though?!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Same here - I don't care what critics and reviews and stuff say (I don't tend to read that stuff anyway 'cause if I like a film then criticism of it just annoys me :P)...if I like a film, then it's a good film :P.
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

well said ameena, thats pretty much how i look at all of them :P

one things for sure, i am into those fictional serious movies, like van helsing, blade trinity, war of the worlds (the new one of course) and such... then theres the ones based on true stories and non fantasy stuffs, like troy, kingdom of heaven, mr and mrs smith, and a few more... if anyone may have noticed, all the films ive mentioned seem to have some serious action in it ^^
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

*drags this thread up to the surface again*
Went and saw this today - it's cool :D.