FireFox 1.5 available

Chat about new breakthroughs in technology and science. Or even about cool stuff that happened in the past...
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

FireFox 1.5 available

Post by Gambit37 »

Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5:

* Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
* Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
* Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
* Improvements to popup blocking.
* Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
* Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
* Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
* Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display, enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
* Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
* Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
* New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and JavaScript 1.6.
* Many security enhancements.

Windows Installer 5103 KB
Linux tarball 8248 KB
MAC installer 9667 KB
Last edited by Gambit37 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

got it, like it.
my extensions atm:
  • web developer (stuff like validators etc)
  • google page rank status (i once had a 3 and would have missed it without that extension ;))
  • disable targets for downloads
  • color zilla - gets colorcodes -.-
  • noscript - disables javascript generally, with a whitelist for safe pages
  • pong! -.-
  • forecastfox - just in case im gonna leave my flat ;)
  • tabbrowser extensions - more control over tabs
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

I'm gonna wait for the final release because not all the extensions I use have been upgraded to 1.5, and I rely on them too heavily.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

tabbrowser extensions kicked, tabmix plus installed. tbe wasn't able to open js-popups in a new tab since ff 1.5. sucks.