Compatibility of Future 0.35 with actual 0.34 version of RTC

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Phantomlord
Apprentice

Compatibility of Future 0.35 with actual 0.34 version of RTC

Post by Phantomlord »

Many Thanks to GG for his wonderful work on RTC, I currently in Level 4 and I really enjoy to play and lot of memory reappear. :)

_I have read that a lot of bug was fixed in the future 0.35 version. I like to know if I will can play to the 0.35 version with my 0.34 savegame of RTC ?

_I have succeed many time to make Screamers go away with the war cry, this screamers is less stupid compared to original DM, I have never succeed to make one Screamers go away with the war cry in original DM. The screamer of original DM never know the fear. :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I believe that George added backwards compatibility to old formats up to 0.28...I would therefore imagine it would continue. Not sure if it was only dungeon or saved games too - check the archives perhaps
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

As beowuuf said, V0.35 (and any future versions after that) will work with any save game after v0.28 (therefore including v0.34)..

Thanks for letting me know about the screamers - I'll make them a little braver in the next version!
Phantomlord
Apprentice

Post by Phantomlord »

Thanks for your answer George, I'm currently in Level 11 in RTC (Return To Chaos version). I have few Feedback about my play:

_I find Wizard Eye dramatically more dangerous and powerful compared to original DM. For example they can able to see and launch spell against you from very far.

_The Giggler is the reincarnation of Carl Lewis in the game lol. He run very very fast (highly more quick compared to original DM), this little creature has suprised me many time and run after his it is the better way to be lost or fall into malicous trap. :twisted:

_I find the system of restricted availability of runes very interesting, this system force the player to find all magic scrolls and learn progressively the subtilty of magic. :wink:

_Many thanks for the other surprise concerning the difference between the two DM version on RTC, I was really very surprised.:lol: I don't say anything more about that for avoid spoiler. :mrgreen:

_And the most important, I really enjoy the game, many thanks for this great work. :P
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

hey George, when do you plan to release RTC v.0.35 ?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

That's a good question!

The completely honest (but equally completely unhelpful) answer is - when it's ready.

I'm not working to a date as such but if it's any help my "to do" list of new features / bugs to fix used to have over 100 things on it; it's now down to about 10. Hopefully then, it'll be fairly soon. If you really pushed for a date, then I'd say a low number of months (one or two ish) but it's difficult to say how much of real life will get in the way...
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Look at the avatar.
George has become father christmas!
Is this a sign that a christmas release of v0.35 is likely?
I hope so
:)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol no, it's just that most other people have edited their avatars in various ways in order to make them look more Christmassy. I haven't been arsed to do mine though...I wonder which will be out first - RTC v0.35 or Conflux III...
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

FYI - the main engine is now pretty close to being stable enough for release. The editor still needs alot of work to enable you to easily use all the new features though...
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

How about separate releases?

I wanna play with the new stuff..... :shock: :D
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

Ah well, when its ready is fine for me.
I'll be pretty busy over christmas anyway.
But the new features do sound really cool :)
I'm sure I will find time to look at them if it does come
out soon.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If only RTC used a text file as an input so you didn't need a fancy editor to use the released engine for early playing with it

If only