***ADVANCED WARNING*** The Christmas Story

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Dad did a great death in Tomb Raider III once - traversing monkey-bars above some water, he was hit by the flaming statues on either side and fell, burning, a long way into the water where the current dragged him under and he was eaten by pirahnas :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"He's not quite dead....he's getting better..."
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

"...should suddenly feel the cold hand of death upon him!"
"Aarrghhh!!"
"He's died!"

Surely I must have done some pretty stupid deaths myself over the years but I can't call any to mind right now... My dad did a good one in EQ once - he was playing his Druid. There is a type of attack spell called a DoT - Damage Over Time. Basically it does a certain amount of damage every six seconds so rather than a DD (direct damage, aka a nuke) which hits once and does all its damage in one go, a DoT works...well...over time. Anyway, he was attacking something and I think he took some damage or something so paused momentarily to target himself and cast a heal or a buff or whatever. I noticed, but he didn't, that he then FORGOT to re-target the mob and instead remained targeted on himself and proceeded to cast his best DoT. I think the mob then died but Dad finally noticed his hp was giong down rather fast and then kind of ran around in circles and then died. Suffice to say, I found the whole thing rather amusing ;).
If I think of any other amusing deaths then I'll be sure to let you know ;).
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Disco Stu...

I have trapped myself under a door and got bonked to death.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

now, Ameena.. when you say your Dad.. you really mean you right? just using him as a cover up?.. we know your secrets :P

(j/k)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Well,thishas gone right OT, but while we're on thesubject of silly game deaths, the absolute daddy has to be multiplayer Duke Nukem 3D. Combining trip mines with freeze rays, shrink rays and hidden pipe bombs made for some spectacular gibbing.

In terms ofmy own stupid deaths:

1) Swan diving off a high ledge in Tomb Raider completely missing the water and breaking Lara's neck on the cold, hard rock.

2) Original arcade Ghosts & Goblins: Being zapped by a zombie out of my armour, and while leaping back half naked, landing on a venus fly trap. :-(

3) DM: We've all done it. Launching a Mon fireball down a corridor and walking straight into it.

Sorry about my latest posts, my spacebar is a bitbroken
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahhhh that's one I forgot and have most DEFINITELY done, multiple times, since getting RTC - the aforementioned cast-an-uber-Fireball-then-charge-forward-and-get-your-face-blown-off. I think I may also, on occasion, have done things involving charging blindly around - chasing after a Thief who just stole one of my weps and either getting lost or falling down a pit/crashing into a wall/running into more mobs or otherwise getting stuck or blown up. Also, turning a corner or standing still and crapping myself as something (such as a Scorpion, Dragon, Giant Rat, Hellhound, or anything else with a scary sound effect) attacks me. Or minding my own business and crapping myself as I get smacked upside the head by a Fireball/Lightning Bolt launched by, say, a Beholder who's about half a mile down the bloody corridor.
And there was that time, playing RTC, when I was on Level 13, in Chaos's room, standing near my usual spot and waiting for him to come along. I did a save, thinking I was quite safe, then turned round and he was RIGHT IN MY SODDING FACE, so I literally screamed (well not a big kind of horror-movie scream, more a little kind of "eek!"). Then Mum called up the stairs what had happened and I kinda had to yell back down explaining "Umm, I turned round in this computer game and the frigging mob was right in my face..." (Mum doesn't use the computer/play games on it).
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Sorry, I tried to read your post, but I couldn't. Hic.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Cause you is drunk! I understand it perfectly, and laugh