The Silly and Tiny Christmas Story Summary 2005

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It never will! It will always be a string of random phrases and poorly disguised references about genitals!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Zoom, what in the name of stuff is
o- ..!"; suddenly,
about?

Stuck my foot down and edited
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Well, *cough* errm:
To be honest, I had some trouble of getting the
sense out of the last posts of that sentence,(..tom, scourges =noun, pl.) and I wanted to put some life in, by adding sth. special, an interupption.Call it climax.
Utterly failed..

"o-.." is supposed to be an interrupted "of"..
since I only can post one word, I thought this would be legal, to post half a word..
! is the symbol for an astounded talker..

narrator tells us that "suddenly" sth. happened ( and I was hoping for some sense in that thus meaning to include the name of the last sentence's speaker to be included after 'suddenly', but this is a completely different matter.

it seems to me now that the " " part has no actual person that speaks it. (is that bad?)

Hope that explained.
Did this in good purpose and always tried to make senseful and coherent parts of the sentences!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, now I understand, it makes more sense

But no, you can't post half a word and then another word, I think that's stretching the rules. And yes, no one is talking. Ah well! : )
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

wE AR near a conclusion, I feel it! :P
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I edited my which into witch
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, that's kind of you...I wondered why Gambit hadn't jumped on my head yet! : )
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, I love the 'so there' and don't want to sully it!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Same here :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Maybe Gambit has found his natural ending he can stick his summary paragraph onto...unless anyone else can breath new life in?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I think we should leave it as it is. "So there!" is a proper and fitting ending, and Christmas is long over anyway. Furthermore, I think lots of people lost interest in the thread - I know I did around page 25.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Well, it was a bit of a whimper rather than a bang, but I agree it's a logical end, so I've locked the thread.

Hope you all had fun! Next year (if we're all still here) I think we should set a goal for the story and a page limit, and we must then try to achieve the goal of the story. I think that would be more fun than the randomness we ended up with this year.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

That's a good idea Gambit. But please don't scare me with something like "if we're all still here" - I sure hope I can visit this site for years to come!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Maybe some of us will have been trampled and dismembered by other members of the forum for posting too much (crap) on the forum ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, I think the first year when it was new it was more fun to do stuff and twist sentences, this year since some of us did that last year it was not as fun to do that. Yeah, I think a general plot and story goals to reach would be fun. LIke a starting paragraph, and then mention of what words should get used in, say, the 30 or fifty pages

Ah well, still the second largest post on the fourms! And yeah, here's hoping to see everyone in Christmas 2006! (like PaulH, where's that snail buggered off to again...)