I was deleted? :(

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
mikko

I was deleted? :(

Post by mikko »

Yesterday I logged in, browsed to 'other games like dm' forum and selected a topic to see. It loaded only partially and so I went back and tried to reload the page. After a while my browser said that there was a problem connecting to the server so I tried again a couple of times. Then I decided to wait a while and try again later.. But when I couple of hours later returned to the forum I could not log in at all.. I'm not in the memberlist anymore and even all my posts have disappeared from the christmas story threads.. :(
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

That's really weird. I also had trouble connecting to the forums yesterday, but at least I am still here. No idea what might have happened there, but I can't imagine this was done on purpose.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, I noticed the fact the christmas story thread, although it should be 59 pages long, and says 59 pages long, only have 57

I am gettign alot of phb errors logging in today, and noticed one or two yesterday...I think the database is going weird.

Cows, Gambit, anythign you can find out?

As for your account, I'll try to look into it mikko in the next few days...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

got many 'can't connect to database' today...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's certainly been playing up a lot. It's really down to Cows to look in to this as he has the relationship with the host, not me.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Rather freakily, right after I first read this post yesterday, I got a "Couldn't connect to database" error. But it sorted itself out after a minute so it was okay. Must be some weird bug or something.
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I got a request to extend the account from ZPC a few months ago I think.. and I said sure.. asked him for his wishlist (I buy him books for webspace, nice trade) and I never got a response. :P

not sure what else I can say..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I saw him yesterday online but then the database went 'putt' and I went to bed
mikko

Post by mikko »

So, is there something that can be done or should I just register again? Has the database dropped everything about my account or is it just some minor weirdness? Imagine if it had happened to someone with nearly 7000 posts.. The whole forum would be messed up.. :shock:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, I believe my prescence would not be missed, and might even make the forum more understandable

Take a five minute break from audits and check it out then
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Umm, I cannot find anything about you in the database at all : ( No information about you as a user, so therefore no links to your posts.

Umm, I guess you will have to register again : ( Truely sorry! : (
mikko
Craftsman

Post by mikko »

Okay, I registered again..

No real harm done since I had only posted to the christmas story. Well, the last two pages of the story thread are empty, because there are posts missing. But nothing serious.. And I got my post count zeroed, because I had to reincarnate instead of resurrecting.. :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Loo, well, at least you have better secondary stats now...or somehting...
mikko
Craftsman

Post by mikko »

Yep, I feel much stronger already.. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi Mikko. I'm sorry that I didn't answer your original question -- I'm also sorry that you've lost your profile and posts. That's a big problem. I spoke to the guy who sorted out the hosting for us and he said:
sorry to hear that... I see that there are still some problems with the database server.
But it shouldn't last too long, it's basicaly maintenance (software and hardware).
The missing posts might have happened due some problems of the server to correctly keep the current time (possible hw fault). I have there my servers too and I am kinda worried, but it should be up soon.
They are pretty aware of the problems and are fixing them (it's closely after midnight, sunday and I just got two messages regarding the situation and that they are working on it). So it's all from me now ... hope you will see soon that things are back in normal again. ;-)
That doesn't bring your posts back I'm afraid. From now on I'll be keeping a backup fo the database once a week so if anything really terrible happens we can roll back.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Our users have posted a total of 45492 articles
what`s the total limit of posts on the forum?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Plague
Novice

Post by Plague »

Something similar happened on another forum a while back - the database got "reset" back by a couple of months and everyone who'd registered since then, and all the posts that have been made were all lost.

Needless to say, it caused some confusion...