Let's have a break..

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Let's have a break..

Post by linflas »

Said in (the so many) RTC suggestions :
Gambit37 wrote:We've suddenly gone from a DM clone to a real game creation engine and I say "Woooooot".
I share your opinion and i enjoy it too but it seems that dungeon designers want to make the perfect dungeon and even more, a whole complete game : huge world for me (i work on a desert, a crypt, a temple, a deep forest, a city...), wicked puzzles and very strong scenario for Sophia, the most realistic bitmaps for you, i guess this is the same with LightHouse, Pedro and others.
George still adds more and more enhancements to the game but i think he should only correct bugs : we have enough material to make excellent productions.

So let's have a stable 0.37, let's make cool stuff with it and the most important thing : let's PLAY !
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Well, I'm more than happy!!! :D The two things I was holding out for were background sounds and alpha transparency. These make a massive difference for me and I am quite happy to start creating now. I don't need any more features -- although thse two would be very useful:
1) Directions on alternate wallsets
2) descriptions on non-cloned items

The fact that we've had tons more features since then only goes to make RTC even more compelling to create for than CSBWin or other engines, DMJava for example.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Then, i can't wait your prod anymore ! I've really enjoyed the new portraits/walls and items i've seen in your recent screenshots.
By posting this subject, i was also saying that if people have some pre-version of their work, they could post some preview shots like me and you : i've never seen on what Pedro or Lighthouse are working on for example, and i've seen that even Beo is trying to play with the new features, so come on ;)
TheMormegil
Adept

Post by TheMormegil »

George still adds more and more enhancements to the game but i think he should only correct bugs : we have enough material to make excellent productions.
Whilst it is true that excellent productions are now possible, I would say that RTC has just taken a quantum leap in its capabilities after a long period with no new versions (over a year?). As such I reckon we all need to prod it around a bit and see what can be done and what can't quite be done and make a few suggestions, maybe nothing too major, but we've waited a while for this revolution so a little bit more tweaking won't hurt.
There is plenty to be getting on with even if a new version might only be a week or two away. There is lots here to experiment with and get to know and if you are doing artwork then it shouldn't need to be redone for a new version.

My 2 baht (as I'm in Thailand atm :)) anyway,
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Let's have a break..

Post by Sophia »

linflas wrote:huge world for me (i work on a desert, a crypt, a temple, a deep forest, a city...), wicked puzzles and very strong scenario for Sophia, the most realistic bitmaps for you, i guess this is the same with LightHouse, Pedro and others.
Hmm... Team Dungeon part 2? :twisted:
linflas wrote:So let's have a stable 0.37
I agree with you there! 0.35 and 0.36 had a quantum leap in features but the price for all that flexibility was some pretty nasty-- in some cases game-wrecking-- bugs.

The good news, though, is that it can be considered a sort of 'public beta,' and 0.37 will be even better. :)
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

It's much the same as with CSBWin a while back where loads of new goodies were being added (mostly at Zyx's behest :) ) - periods of innovation are great (RTC has made some giant leaps forward) but every now and then there should be a fixes-only release to give designers a reliable platform for published dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

and i've seen that even Beo is trying to play with the new features
Hey, I'm always pottering and playing, as occasional scraps of RTC test dungeon and unfinished CSBwin dungeon proves!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Let's have a break..

Post by George Gilbert »

Sophia wrote:
linflas wrote:So let's have a stable 0.37
I agree with you there! 0.35 and 0.36 had a quantum leap in features but the price for all that flexibility was some pretty nasty-- in some cases game-wrecking-- bugs.

The good news, though, is that it can be considered a sort of 'public beta,' and 0.37 will be even better. :)
OK - V0.37 is out now and it's just a bug-fixing release (although there are a few small enhancements too).

Let's see those dungeons... :wink:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

anyone interested by a "hybrid" version of Sukumvit for this weekend ? i started to change bitmaps some weeks ago for testing purposes but i don't plan to modify this dungeon entirely because i already started working on something new.
so i can release it as is, with new wallsets and some new items but mixed with old bitmaps, especially wallitems and flooritems that look a bit weird. difficulty has been lowered and i find it easier now that sleeping recovery is faster.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Give me 'invisible projectives' or 3-paces forward attack and I'll be satisifed.