RTC game modules

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
wese1
Neophyte

RTC game modules

Post by wese1 »

I seen somewhere how to add .RTC game modules to the game play list. Could some one tell me how this is done or where I can find the directions....... thx
copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

If you are talking about dungeons you have or about to download, put them in the modules folder in the rtc main folder.
Don't be scene or herd!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Also, a file must end in ".rtc" (as well as being in the Modules folder as Copperman said) in order to be included in the menu. If it's a dungeon of your own you want to add in this way, you first have to get it to compile with no Critical Errors.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And finally, the .rtc file will show up in tyhe list with the name assigned to it by the editor in the general info, NOT it's file name - so if you, for example, modified the dm original dungoen, you would have two new dm original dungeons even tough the .rtc file has a different name

Also, sub folders in the module folder show up, as with the set of 'example' dungeons
wese1
Neophyte

Post by wese1 »

ok, I tried this. I downloaded an RTC Module without the txt file and put it in the modules folder.... started RTC game and it still did not show up on the game list.... sorry for being a problem child... am I still missing a step.
thx
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Very old RTC files won't show up in the module list if they are not compatible with the version of the game you're using.

What RTC file did you download?
wese1
Neophyte

Post by wese1 »

That was the problem, I was using v0.34. I changed to v0.37 and now there is no problem... works great....thanks for everyones help
chesso
Neophyte

Post by chesso »

I have the same problem have tried 3 dungeons so far one of them was the therons quest one pluss the demo version but still no joy.
Oh and have the latest version of rtc too
Am I doing something wrong?
Carl
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Old dungeons should be compatible with the latest version, but sometimes not

The drawback of designing for an engine under development

If a dingeon does nto run correctly, then download the old versions from the site too - just type in the old file names instead of downloading the new one