I officially hate this game

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

beowuuf wrote:The square you land on generates worms, so if you are trapped spinning around in there for a while, you will keep generating them, and I guess they found their way in around you.
Okay Beowuuf, finished DM2 and into CSB now. No questions yet, but I am getting tired of falling through floors alot. Mind you, this isn't as bad as the endless minions of DM2. I found the coin that came in the box of the original CSB for the Atari ST.
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Then don't fall through then : )

CSB is more about respectful exploration - keep going!
Tzan-01
Journeyman

Post by Tzan-01 »

I watched the movie because I seem to be running in circles and not being able to get any further. I noticed in the movie they use a skeleton key. I see where the skull is on the wall but I can't find a skeleton key anywhere. Plus there's a sign "Death Row" but no key hole. MON ZO won't open the door and neither will chopping at the door. I was in a place where I remember you have to get mummies to walk into the little room to stand on the plates and shut the door with them in there, but it took me about 20 visits to that area before the mummies appeared. Are there bugs in the windows version?
Tzan
Lord of the Canines
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

there is only one skeleton key randomly placed in a giggler - but it opens all the shortcut level bits, though you can lose it on chaos's level

detah row is a trap that you come out of if you fall prey to it

there is a generator in the room that makes mummies appear - if you leave by the stairs or walk aroudn somewhere you trigger them
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

The only way into the death row is falling in from above. But it isn't wirth the effort (unless you fall in by accident of course, or insist on seeing all there is in CSB).

If you find the giggler carrying the skeleton key (or just the poorly visible key lying around somewhere should the giggler run into some unpleasant fate like the Wrath of God) consider yourself lucky. Unlike the DM skeleton keys the CSB one is not used up by the skeleton locks except by the shortcut to the Forge of FulYa, and I'd rather not open it, lest Chaos' guards may escape the Wrath of God and swarm out all over the entire level.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.