DM2 with RTC [Done for version...something or other]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Post by L!ghthouse »

Well, I just saw this topic and wanted to add my own 2 cents.

I started creating DM2 a while ago, then stopped development. Since it seems that some people are interested, I decided to post what I had done on my web site. You can download my "DM2PreAlpha" from there. All that is finished is the first floor and part of the level above. It is just going to give you the feel of DM2 for RTC. Try some spells, and enjoy the 5 mins. (oh, I added some flasks to the first floor for your convenience.)

DM2 Pre-Alpha for RTC
http://www.freewebs.com/llghthouse/

Have Fun!!!
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Nice work - looks very impressive. Nice little touches like the bubbly potions and flickering torches.
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Post by L!ghthouse »

Thanks, George says that v0.39 should be able to emulate the flickering torches in all their glory.

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=20981
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

excellent start l!ghthouse :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's interesting how just the graphics can instantly make everything feel fresh and new. Hopefully this will let people see that you don't need the clutter of some of the DM2 interface things for DM2 to work in RTC as a very good representation

I notice the ladder mechanics produce a slight graphical glitch (you see the old steps on the floor above for a second) if you click fast.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, had a quick play of this -- very nice start! I was disappointed I couldn't get outside! :)

I too noticed the graphics glitch with wallsets and there is extreme oddness with the music switching from level to level via the ladder. Difficult to tell if this is an engine problem or a dungeon issue.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Very nice.

I've made several changes to the V0.39 engine which will help with the extra features (such as the flickering light).

Having seen the difference graphics can make, I'll put in a load of the DM2 graphics into the core RTC engine which should help make new dungeons (and of course the DM2 dungeon) easier to do.

Unless you particularly want do, I'd suggest stopping for now until V0.39 is out so you don't spend ages trying to do something clever with V0.38 mechanics that can be done in a single object in V0.39!
I notice the ladder mechanics produce a slight graphical glitch (you see the old steps on the floor above for a second) if you click fast.
That's a bug in the engine - now fixed!
L!ghthouse
Craftsman

Post by L!ghthouse »

Thanks! See my post about a new "Ambient Music" object. This will really help me in the next version!

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=25609