How with firing bulls?

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Duckman
Adept

How with firing bulls?

Post by Duckman »

I have great broblems with demons. Firstly, their health and armor are pretty strong. Secondly, its hard to dogde them in place they are meeted.
thirdly and this is baddest: THEY MAKE IT ALMOST SURELY TO FAIL WHEN
THEY HIT WITH FIREBALL!!!
water altar at upper level helps, but when i go to recharge (What happens often) that bull haves too much time to being restored. i tried to make characters many times stronger, and it decreased them to level witch they were destroyable if tried patiently enough, but how to finish them with honest game? replies please about thore :evil: :S
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

there is a strip defenses spell which lowers the armour etc of critters such as this...makes them a bit more manageable
Duckman
Adept

Thanks!

Post by Duckman »

Thanks! i'll try when i play next time. But are feeble mind and silence good if i want to stop their weaknesses and fireballs?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

feeble mind is for spellcastings, don't know if fireballs could as spells in that sense....silence i think is to block creatures like...worms?...who detect by sound
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

I think you were searching new problems to solve when i asked as ansver comed VERY fastly. And why problems, is that i am noticed that you (Thats good! :D ) answer to almost every topic if it is problem. and how silence could block it? my spellcastings receive failure message that says "champion's spell frizzles" only if i'm silenced. secondly, screamers and maybe also worms injure with sound, but if i create custom monster, editor does not matter how it injures (It does not even ask it!) can you still say that silence blocks only screamers and worms?
Last edited by Duckman on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Beo knows what's going on!
:wink:
"Er weis , was gespielt wird!"

i.e. he knows what is being played..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, been a while since i played DM Java - if you are silenced, you cannot say spells so are blocked...but i still think it makes you less detectable to creatures who detect by sound. It has nothing to do with creatures who injure with sound (only screamers do this).

I don't remember half of what is going on, i just like posting alot and am on alot : )
Duckman
Adept

But...

Post by Duckman »

Hey, silence is thrown spell! Otherwise it could be cast to party itself, not thrown away! because it flies over sky it MUST have effects to some other thing that party or its abilites. And what spell then silences me when i step at fastly blinking pit at entarace of ZOOOOOM?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As I said, been a while since I played : ) Maybe silence is for limiting spellcasting and feeblemind simply reduces the behaviour of monsters! Sorry can't be more help, my memory is apparently not what it was on this then ... and after zoooom praised me too! :)
Duckman
Adept

Okay

Post by Duckman »

You already given your suggestion, thanks. But it is, believe: silence is shooten spell, and if someone is silenced, he... im not sure is he very hard or impossible to cast anything.