[Fixed for V0.40] DM void level bugs

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

[Fixed for V0.40] DM void level bugs

Post by Lunever »

In the O-DM dungeon (and probably too in the RTC-DM dungeon too), there are a couple of bugs in Level 07 (The Void):

1) Something in the fireball machine (Enc. z07/x22/y13, RTCEd L 2,2,7) is broken. There aren't any fireballs generated by the monsters walking the trigger in the Delta's antechamber (Enc. z07/x22/y37, RTCEd L 2,26,7). This makes the level safe to walk about and pretty boring.

2) I reported in V0.38 and 39 beta that one of the level entrance's defense ring trapdoors was completely inoperable. Now in the released V0.39 it is operable, but only partially, for its trigger floorpad (Enc. z07/x37/y34, RTCed L 17,23,7) does open the pit (Enc. z07/x38/y35, RTCed L 18,24,7), but it doesn't close it again if you step on it again, and if I remember correctly it should do that.

George: I'll send you savegames and screenshots that show this.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

1) This is actually all working properly. The shooter is triggered by monsters milling about in a room and randomly treading on a trigger every now and again - exactly as it should.

Interestingly though, they don't step on the trigger very often though. This isn't because they're avoiding it, but purely a consequence of monsters in RTC moving in sub-tile increments rather than the whole tile increments in the original game (effectively making the area that they wander around in larger). To compensate I've added a few more triggers in that room so that now the frequency of the fireballs is about right.

2) You remember incorrectly :wink: . This pad is working correctly (i.e. it's a one time only pad, not a toggler - or whatever the right word is!).
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

2) Ok, if you've checked it and it is right, so be it. My mistake then.

1) Something IS very different from earlier releases. Until including V0.38 there has been also only the one original floorpad and there was a normal number of fireballs. In V0.39 beta (23.5.2006) and full official release there are NO fireballs except if my party personally triggers them. Really, not a single one, I've been really waiting quite a while. Since monsters have been walking in half-tiles in RTC for ages I think there IS something broken, and adding additional triggers will probably not solve that. Since other problems have been floorpad-trigger related, it might something similar there too. Maybe in earlier versions fireballs have been triggered each and every time a monster stepped on the floorpad and now there's no triggering when there is already a monster on it (this is a mere speculation, just as an example).
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.