[Fixed for V0.40] Bug in Sukumvit's Lab

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

[Fixed for V0.40] Bug in Sukumvit's Lab

Post by linflas »

When resurrecting a champion at the beginning, the other 3 mirrors should be deactivated to avoid you from having more than 1 player. In version 0.39, the mirrors are still here !
The RTC file was made with RTC0.34.

Sukumvit becomes very easy with 4 champions :)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

oh... i found many weird things :
- some alcoves where objects are not properly located : objects are displayed over the alcove instead of inside.
- a pad should deactivate a wall when you kill the kobold (giggler clone) standing on it : if you hit the monster but not kill it, the wall disappears and comes back immediately instead of doing nothing until the monster dies.

RTC file is here : http://redribbon.planet-d.net/dm/sukumvit.zip
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

The mirror thing is now fixed (incidently, this has been broken since V0.35!).

The pad thing is the same bug as the other pad bugs - so already fixed.

I can't find one of the miscreant alcoves though - can you give me directions to one (or better still, send me a save game standing infront of one).
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

it's the first alcove where you find a gold ring : pick up a champion, go downstairs, straight, downstairs again, follow the corridor, take the chest from the alcove (shooter holes appear) and put it back in the alcove. it seems that the chest position now is relative to the holes, not the alcove :)

i have also noticed a crash in window mode (640x400x24) when i close RTC with alt-f4 or by clicking on upper-right cross.
RTC (V0.39) Diagnostic file - Wed Jun 21 20:54:53 2006

Error:
an integer divide by zero exception.

Stack Dump:
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C98F18, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C62AF0, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C62B90, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00BFEC50, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00BFF190, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00BFFC70, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C00C70, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C016E0, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C01C50, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C02190, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x00C03AC0, string "RTC", string "LoadBitmapFromMemory", int 187);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02DF3E08, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02DF9828, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02DFF248, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E04C68, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E0A688, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E100A8, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E15AC8, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E1B4E8, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E20F08, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E26928, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemoryFoundLeak(pointer 0x02E2C348, string "RTCModule", string "AddModuleBitmap", int 70);
utilMemory.utilVerifyMemory();
RTC.RTC_DeInit();
RTC.WinMain();
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This is a bug i reported to GG, I think, and he fixed, i think : )
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

That's great thanks - all now fixed for V0.40 (including the crash).

(Beo - yes, it was the same as the one you found)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Interesting, I started Sukumvit a few weeks ago with v0.38 and picked four champions -- thought it was weird after reading the intro text!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

well, why not ? except for the alcove graphic bug, sukumvit is finally playable in 0.39, and starting with 4 champions can be an easier way to discover the dungeon... i wonder how many people met the first master.. :)