Ranged Attack Methods enhancing

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tonari
Craftsman

Ranged Attack Methods enhancing

Post by Tonari »

Ranged Attack Methods executes only the action of the distance attack such as CREATE_NEW_SPELL and CREATE_NEW_IN_AIR generally thought about now.
I think that it wants monsters such as MOVE_ITEM and OBJECT_ACTIVATE to execute all possible actions at the condition of the same as the attack of a usual long distance (When the monster exists in front of the party, and it exists in monster's View range) of this.

If it becomes possible, the monster will be able to do more complex movement.
It comes to be able to execute the movement of the complex monster thought about by the thread of monster AI almost all in my conception.
Please forgive poor English.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Are you saying you wish the monster to do something when it perceives the party (the party is in the monsters sight range) and you think that ranged attacks are the only way to do this?

I think that you can filter any ranged attack through a relay a have it generate an action such as you desire

Perhaps if you give examples of what you wish to do directly to George if you do not wish to spoil your ideas he can help you better
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I don't understand what you're asking for, either.

説明は難しかったら、私が日本語も出来ます。
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Sophia wrote:説明は難しかったら、私が日本語も出来ます。
そして私はオンライン訳者を使用できる。 :wink:
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

Are you saying you wish the monster to do something when it perceives the party (the party is in the monsters sight range) and you think that ranged attacks are the only way to do this?

You're right.
I want to make the monster execute all possible actions at that time.
But it is not possible to do now.
説明は難しかったら、私が日本語も出来ます。
そして私はオンライン訳者を使用できる。

Thank you. it very helpful.

monstersがRanged attack methodsだけを使用できる時に、monstersに不可能ではない全てのactionsを使用できるようにしてほしい。
しかし現在はCREATE_NEW_SPELLやCREATE_NEW_IN_AIR等の一般的な遠距離攻撃のactionsしか実行しません。
monsterはMOVE_ITEMやOBJECT_ACTIVATE等を実行しません。

これが可能になればmonsterにより複雑な動きをさせることが出来るでしょう。
例えば、monsterのRanged attack methodsで二つのrelayのcloneを動かし、一つのrelayがfireballを発射し一つがMOVE_ITEMを実行するなら、monsterはpartyから距離を置いて攻撃を続けたり、攻撃後に角に隠れたり出来ます。
close attack methodsでは現在それらは出来ますが、Ranged attack methodsでは出来ません。

I want you to be able to use all actions not impossible for monsters when monsters can use only Ranged attack methods.
However, only actions of general distance attacks such as CREATE_NEW_SPELL and CREATE_NEW_IN_
AIR is executed now.
Monster executes neither MOVE_ITEM and OBJECT_ACTIVATE, etc.

If this becomes possible, the monster will be able to do complex movement.
For instance, monster keeps being able to be attacked, and after it attacks it, to be hidden in the corner by the keep away from from party if clone of two relay is moved with Ranged attack methods of monster, one relay launches fireball, and one executes MOVE_ITEM.
It is not possible to do in Ranged attack methods though they can be done in close
attack methods now.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

私は問題が分かって来ました。

しかし、怪物の遠距離攻撃でもMOVE_ITEMやOBJECT_ACTIVATEということを使用出来たのです。 難しくなかったので早く説明します。

MOVE_ITEMを使っているAttack Methodを作った後で、新しい怪物をCloneしました。 この新しい怪物の遠距離攻撃には、新しいAttack Methodを選べました。 

ゲームには、怪物がPartyを叩く時、怪物が動きました。 
だから、私は何が出来ないか分からないのです。

私は今0.41ベタを使っているから、使い方が0.40から違うかもしれません?

Now I understand the problem.

However, I can use MOVE_ITEM and OBJECT_ACTIVATE even in monster ranged attack methods. It's quick, so I'll explain how.

I made a new attack method that uses MOVE_ITEM, and then I cloneda monster. I put my new attack method in the monster's ranged attacks and it let me choose this one with no problem.

In the game, every time the monster tries to strike the party, it advances a step, just like I told it to. Therefore I don't really know what is wrong.

It could be because I'm using the 0.41 beta, and 0.40 has some issue, but I don't know.
Tonari
Craftsman

Post by Tonari »

Attack method in the problem was tested again.
It operated in 0.41 though it did not operate in 0.40 as a result.
At any rate, my problem was solved by this.
It apologizes to spend time.