[Not a bug] Sideways door in SS

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmmagic
Neophyte

Post by dmmagic »

Oh, and one other thing -- right below the rock crusher and corbomite rooms is an open door -- except it's not. When I turn sideways, I can see a door there. When I look at the magic map, I see a door in place, only sideways! Very odd.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

That doorframe bug is caused by a bug in the RTC engine. There are movable walls on two sides of the door and the door is mistakenly being "attached" to those walls, instead of the permanent walls. So, it's regarded as being a north-south door instead of an east-west door. :)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Sophia wrote:That doorframe bug is caused by a bug in the RTC engine. There are movable walls on two sides of the door and the door is mistakenly being "attached" to those walls, instead of the permanent walls. So, it's regarded as being a north-south door instead of an east-west door. :)
Now fixed in the V0.41 engine :lol:
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

George Gilbert wrote:
Sophia wrote:That doorframe bug is caused by a bug in the RTC engine. There are movable walls on two sides of the door and the door is mistakenly being "attached" to those walls, instead of the permanent walls. So, it's regarded as being a north-south door instead of an east-west door. :)
Now fixed in the V0.41 engine :lol:
No, it's not -- playing this bit in the 0.42 demo and the door is still drawn incorrectly and I can't pass through it...
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

It *is* fixed in V0.41 as I said - the bug however was in the compiler and as SS was compiled under the V0.37 engine it doesn't have the fix in it...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh, OK! :oops: