Silly/Amusing Character names?

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Or Olivio spread ;).
I'm pretty sure I got my figures from something on telly, probably the news. It probably varies between countries or something...
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

It does vary on countries. The oldest people live in Japan, as far as I know, men are about 79 and women about 85 years on average. Most people think that the Japanese are the oldest because they eat a lot of fish.
Sabreman
Craftsman

Post by Sabreman »

On a slight tangent, I did propagate the myth at school that my middle name was Mophus.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Continuing the tradition of picking on a charatcer with a silly name and blaming him for everything, I'm playing DM2 just now on the PC and DM2 on RTC to compare and contrast. Playing between RTC and DM2 using same charatcers and basically more and more one stood out of as having more stamina drain, or failing to cast a spell, or getting hit more by wolves. Poor cletus, or, to give him his full name 'dammit cletus you slack-yawed yokel!' Which, by the powers of PC DM2 name altering, is actually Cletus Slackjawd Yokel
I also have Torham Slightly Useful and Equus U Soldmyarmor:(
I have Sardos too, but he remains inherently unfunny...which could be an idea for his name....
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Trantor wrote:Most people think that the Japanese are the oldest because they eat a lot of fish.
I heard it had sth. to do with aloe vera plants..
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

When i was young and naive (im now older and naive btw) i used to reincarnate all my characters and randomly press letters on my keyboard as there names, so the party often had "hilarious" names like shdsajdhas and opisadyas9dy. My favourite character however was ijsagdiasgd who was always the backbone of my old party.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Wasn't he mentioned in that spice girls song as being someone they really wanted?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

beowuuf wrote:Wasn't he mentioned in that spice girls song as being someone they really wanted?
No, that was her sister, ijsagdiasgda
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah yes, so it was :)

I like your '...i made myself sad' part of your quote DMDM
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Hehe, yes my puns are known to cause deep uncurable depressions in all living things :-(

Oh and another slightly silly name is the main character on the dungeon im working on. He's a character called "Zipper" and he's a right little cute character, cant wait to reveal him to you all........
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And if he dies, then all the rest of the team can carry on, and give 'em one for the zipper!
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

A question (or maybe a poll?) :

How would a bad Wizard call his pet, a Pain-Rat?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If he was summoned perhaps Edam (made backwards) but that would be a bit cheesy. Or maybe 'Mon-Pal' if he was french-scottish.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Nuzzle-guzzle (never nuzzles always guzzles)

Snozzle

s'nuzz ..??

Persalc, Koirnoth

scratch 'em piddly

G.Rsi

xerrorg

lkassyht!!

Bad tempered, filthy door pad of smelling??

"aahh - it bit my hand"

never-follows

Don't be nice to visitors, ever!
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

I've done my d&d characters mostly, nothing too unique. Gavin Cloudeyes, Bandor Stoutheart, Aerien Brightleaf, Taize. I once used some completely randon name "Vexnog". I don't know about my brother or sister but I some how managed to keep an Eye of the beholder 2 save from my sister with these names: Seyla, Kait, Mat, Javek. Originally Aerien and Taize belonged to her.
when not using D&d i often go to comic books like: gothmog = doom, alex is iron man, halk = hulk.