Strange Area in CSB

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Strange Area in CSB

Post by Ian Clark »

I was looking at CSB with the RTC editor and have found an area that I've never seen before. It is on the level above the starting level and has a row of three pits with a dragon on the other side. I've tried dropping through pits but can't seem to get to this area. Does anyone know the area I am on about and how to get to it? (maybe there is a teleporter somewhere I have missed).
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Very easy - you drop into a pit in the corridor of fire (Enc. z1/x14/y12), down that pit you automatically get teleported 2 tiles westward and fall through another pit, and lo behold, you are sandwitched between 2 pits of rows with a fire-spitting dragon across. When he's dead the dropping dragon steaks close some pits. If you bring a couple of dragon steaks along you can close them prematurely.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I've managed to get in there now. Wow! I've been playing CSB for years and finally found something new :lol:
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

There are a couple of other interesting traps you can fall into, not a few of them are like this one in the upper part of Neta.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.