wall object as triggers

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THOM
Artisan

wall object as triggers

Post by THOM »

I think I found out the following:

If you use a wallobject as a trigger, and you want to have it invisible until its activatet somehow, you have no chance.

-if you set it on "invisible" the toggle-action set the trigger-state of the wallobject and not the visible/invisible state of it - so it stays invisible.

- if you set it on "alternate state" (and have not defined an alt_bitmap) the toggle-action makes the invisible wallobject visible, but it works also in the invisible state!

George, can you change the behavieor somehow, that wallobjects which work as triggers are switchable between visible/invisible??

THOM
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY! You change this behviour and break dungoens that use it

Activate/deactivate should swap the invisibility over... can't you use those in your dungeon?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

As beowuuf said, I can't do this as it would break lots of existing dungeons.

You can however nicely get around the problem of not being able to toggle the invisibility of switches by using existing mechanics. For example, have a look at the buttons behind the metal plates in DM-II. They're always "visible" but not operable until you've removed the metal plates (which hide them).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

My mechanics skills really are getting blunt - of course, an otherwise innactive wall object with a graphic of the wall would toggle without problems, and block the switch behind!