help needed

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
bubbleandsqueek
Novice

help needed

Post by bubbleandsqueek »

please help i am stuck again is this game hard or is it me? i am in the room where it says to stoke the boiler go 2 levels down and where the blue portals are in the wall, i have used the square key and retreived it again to open the two doors but cant get over the trap door with the lightning the walkthrough says use a scout minion but RTC edition which i am using dosent have these. anyone got any ideas
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I remember that spot very well - it was where I got stuck when I first played the game until I randomly tried to cast every single possible spell until I accidentally found out about the Scout minion... Anyways, for RTC, you can simply cross the pit in the moment it is closed if your timing is good. Cast OH IR ROS before to increase the speed of your party, and you will manage.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

You can do it without casting any spells.

In fact, you can get past the pit using only the items you can find in that room (which are there specifically to give you a clue as to what to do!)
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

RTC doesn't have the step between frames, right? Should make it even easier.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Correct, but you don't need to rely on that. You can stop the pit from opening just using the items in the room.
bubbleandsqueek
Novice

Post by bubbleandsqueek »

i must be thick, still stuck, please put me out of my misery gearge.
Walter Mitty
Novice

Post by Walter Mitty »

I just used OH IR ROS and hoofed it. After falling over and over I started timing a single opening and managed to get past it in one try after that. It just takes some practice. Of course, there are usually multiple ways to solve things.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Reminds me of the fireball corridor first time through the game, before I knew there was a way to disable the last eye. Had to "improvise" my way through.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”