Can anyone translate Spanish to English?

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Can anyone translate Spanish to English?

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't know Spanish and am generally terrible with languages. I'd love to know the lyrics to this song - can anyone help? I know that Gente means people, that's about it!

http://www.singulartists.com/artist_p/p ... yrics.html
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Babelfish translation:

People, who awake when even she is at night and cook when the sun falls People, who accompany to people in hospitals, parks People, that dismisses, that receives to people In the platforms People who go front That she does not avoid your glance and that perceives in the wind How will be the summer? How it will be the winter? Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and two of every seven days for darte a passage in the most beautiful history of love Two, three, hours for contemplarte and two of every seven days for darte I accommodate to Me in a corner of your heart People, who request by people in the altars In romerías People, who give the life That instills faith That grows and that deserves peace People, that are based on a hug in the horror That shares the surge of its soul People who do not renew the small hope Of a day To live peacefully Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and two of every seven days for darte a passage in the most beautiful history of love Two, three, hours for contemplarte and two of every seven days for darte I accommodate to You in a corner of my heart In order to live thus (thus) In glances I am transparent To receive its light Definitively Clouds they go (and they go and they go and they go) and are happening But that light to Us continues illuminating That fresh it is the shade that offers That clean the fresh water of its glances Is by you that I begin a new day Angels between us Are Angels between us Angels between us Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and two of every seven days for darte a passage in the most beautiful history of love Two, three, hours for contemplarte and two of every seven days for darte I accommodate to Me in a corner of your heart Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and two of every seven days for darte... Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and two of every seven days... Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and two of each... Two, three, hours for disfrutarte and...

hope it gives some hint on the meaning...
zooooom
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Thanks for trying -- I already did the babelfish thing but I'd like a proper translation if possible. Any takers?
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

should have known. ;)
in 50 years or so, babelfish is maybe able to eloquently translate lyrics
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I took a few years of Spanish in school. I might as well put it to some use. :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nope, I barely know any words

You'd think this would make it hard to be in Madrid just now...

I may also have just been mocked for checking the site just now...
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Gente, que se despierta cuando aun es de noche
People, they wake up when it is still at night
y cocina cuando cae el sol
and cook when the sun goes down
Gente, que acompaña a gente en hospitales, parques
People, accompany other people to hospitals, parks
Gente, que despide, que recibe a gente
People, those that 'lay-off' (as in 'fire' at work), those that welcome people
En los andenes
On the platforms
Gente que va de frente
People that go forward
Que no esquiva tu mirada
Those that do not avoid your look
Y que percibe en el viento
And those that are felt (sensed?) in the wind
¿Cómo será el verano?
What will the summer be like
¿Cómo será el invierno?
What will the winter be like

...There really is a lot, and my Spanish, still, is not that great.[/i]
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Thanks all -- Sophia gave me a good translation and your first part matches pretty closely Ian, so I have a good sense of the lyrics now. Not nearly as interesting in English as it sounds in Spanish!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yes.. well.. you can have a greater fantasy in your own mind.. think that it speaks to you about your own personal desires..

I think that's why people like to hear those "romantic languages" spoken to them in bed.. they don't know what it means.. but they can make up their own meanings in their head.. make it sound dirty.. or romantic.. or tender.. whatever they want.. that's fantasy for you :P

Fantasy is almost always better than reality..
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Only while you're fantasizing. :P