Graphic, pictures

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Luppo
Neophyte

Graphic, pictures

Post by Luppo »

Hi

I tried DM Java version on Linux. Finally after I got it working, I noticed that there are not all the necessary gif-pictures bundled with dmj. So where do I get the gifs like mummy-toward.gif or do I have to buy the original DM again?
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

afaik you should be able to find links to altgraphics on dmjava's download page,
or try here.. http://www.germanja.de/
some years back I downloaded the whole bunch o' graphics.

Something seems wrong with your version -Graphics should not be missing....
Luppo
Neophyte

Post by Luppo »

Yes, thanks for the quick answer. I found the gifs from a package. I compiled the binaries from the sources and used new fx so the most missing old graphics were in the other package.

Now I tried this, but the game does not show stuff when picked up to hand. The cursor totally vanishes. Also for example a club was shown as a dagger in Halk's inventory. Actually every one has a dagger-image. The club does not have any image when moved to a hand-place. A torch has image in hand-place, but no image when picked up. Well, I have to check what is the problem.

Ok. Somehow all of the older graphics were not moved to my game folder but now they are fine.
Luppo
Neophyte

Post by Luppo »

There is no Ralf-named character portrait in the forest dungeon. I looked like every packet but did not find. Maybe I overlooked something or there is no Ralf.

I noticed that antX.gifs must be renamed to AntX.gifs (EOBII), or ants are invisible.
germanny
Novice

Post by germanny »

Hi, my reply is a little bit late, i guess :)

If you play on Linux: file- and directory names are case sensitive!
You can have antx.gif , Antx.Gif and ANTX.GIF in one directory, they are all different files. This is the difference to Windows.

I installed DMJ on my Linux Box and had the same probs, after a intensive renaming session *grmml* it works.
This is a reason why i now try to create any filenames in lowercase, even under Win.

I should update my files to work correct sometimes..
greetz

http://www.germanja.de/mirror/down.php?fchk=0