underwater level from a teleporter - help

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Crimson Ghost
Novice

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Hell yeah! - that looks really cool.

I suppose you dont really need to have a roof it just depends on the style of buildings you go for. I have been working on a wooden "shack" type wall set - without a roof - but its only half finished. I had'nt even thought of street lamps, Nice one :)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

There were city scenes in EOB (version III... No, maybe Lands of Lore?) and maybe an Ishar version too. Don't know if that'd be a good source of images.
Crimson Ghost
Novice

Post by Crimson Ghost »

hey Ian :)

I'd forgotten all about ishar, it might be worth cheking out the way the towns are done. I dont remeber the towns in Eob3 though, but hey my memory! :lol:
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Been more than 15 years for some of these games.... We're old.
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Edit: Removed links.
Last edited by Kelly on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Ghost
Novice

Post by Crimson Ghost »

:D Cool! more snow than theres been all winter. Im glad you managed to get it to snow convincingly, I'll need to work on some snow monsters. Ive got a wav here of foosteps through the snow, downloaded from that SFX site you gave a link to which should sound nice, or maybe a strong wind/blizzard wav looping would be better. Maybe if its a snowy town level with friendlys, they could have the snowy footsteps asigned to them, either way its looking good - now where did i leave my mittens, tsk I should never have cut that string :lol:
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

How did you get the door to swing 'out', rather up and away, Kelly?
You been messin with the code again? :P
Yeah, they look good.
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

The door is basically a switch. You click on it, it opens, and is then replaced by wall decoration of an open door.
A teleporter is then activated via the same switch, with a short time delay, equivalent <(spelling?) to a second, maybe two.
Hence the teleporter gives the illusion that your party has just "walked" through into the building.

The code has been modified to make use of the new switch and obviously the code for the wall deco as well.

@ Ian: It still has to be done this way for now, regarding the doors going inwards/outwards. The actual code for the doors "animation" isn't an actual image, hence it can't be modified graphically. (Not without implementing it into the code itself anyway).