Life on Mars

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Des
Um Master

Life on Mars

Post by Des »

The final episode of this marvellous TV show will be aired on Tuesday in the UK (is it shown in other countries?).

Not quite the fever pitch of "Who shot JR?" but there's quite a few blogs filled with speculation as to how it's going to end, e.g....

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/johndale/ent ... on_mars_1/

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv/2007/03/ ... t_end.html

My favourite is the "timecop" theory - in an experimental procedure (which involves the use of a comatose state) Sam has been sent back in time to change the outcome of one or two crucial cases... (?)
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I just saw a clip on telly from the final episode where Sam is on the phone to the "future" and he's told he has to "destroy Gene Hunt and his team" in order for the "operation" to be successful.

Suitably open-ended for the speculators as the operation could be an operation in hospital or a time-travel mission. Destroying Gene Hunt could simply be to purge the delusion from the mind, or to genuinely knobble Mr. Hunt to affect history. However, if that is to prevent Hunt from running Sam over in 2006 we have one of those lovely paradoxes...
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

They were all wrong. Superb ending. Won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. DVD out next week. 8)
bitza
Apprentice

Post by bitza »

I was thoroughly hooked on this series, and the ending was definitely not what I expected. Be interesting to see how the 'follow-up' Ashes to Ashes shapes up. Ifit's half as good as Life on Mars, I'll bewell chuffed... :)