TFoC : Need 2 players to test 6 first levels of dungeon !

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LordXYP
Apprentice

TFoC : Need 2 players to test 6 first levels of dungeon !

Post by LordXYP »

Hello ;)

I need two players who have a little bit time to help me to test 6 first levels of my dungeon "True Face of Chaos" (TFoC) and to test new levels i'll create in future (maybe it would take 1 ou 2 month to finish making all the dungeon).

To test it, i need to give my email and having theire emails, or msn-messenger is better.

The first player i need will have a full map of the dungeon, and the second player will not.

Then the two players must be experiment in playing dungeons-masters games, but i prefer that the second player will be an experienced person (like senior) in this forum.

I would keep the secrets of TFoC before i finish all levels ( maybe 9 or 10 levels) Then i'll need 2 trustworthy persons who test it, but also keep secrets before releasing the final dungeon.

Thanks a lot ;)

lordxyp (alias Xavier-Yves)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'd usually offer my services like a shot but I seem to be time limited for no good reason these days! If I got the time to playtest, I really should do the DM/CSB for DSB like I promised Joramund!

However, if you really get stuck, and the dungeon isn't a mammoth undertaking (a few days or a weekend is fine, but playtesting conflux type endevours are beyond me these days) then give me a shout and I'll give it a go!
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Hi beowuuf

Really i dont know how many time a player take to finish those levels.

That's because i need 2 guys, one having maps and the other having not. It is to know how many time each one take to accomplish these levels, and to know if the player without map likes to play or if he decides to stop playing because it's too hard.

I really dont want to make a dungeon too hard or too easy; i want all players like to discover and progress in that dungeon.

If you try it, could you write on a paper and send me the time you use to do each step and what difficulty you meet with TFoC ?

I hope having other answers from players in this forum... But now your the only one...

How may i do to send you the files ?

Thanks a lot.

LordXYP
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i'm on it ! check my profile for my email/MSN.
(en plus tu auras une réponse en français ;))
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LordXYP wrote:How may i do to send you the files ?

Thanks a lot.

LordXYP
I'll pm you my e-mail address if no one else has come forward. I'm not free this weekend anyway, so can see what the state of play when I'm back Tuesday!
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Lol Linflas , ok merci c'est sympa je te mail .

Thx beowuuf i'm waitng your pm ;)

LordXYP
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Ok Linflas begin to test, and TFoC seems to be very hard.

Then I think i'll give a walkthrough file (.txt) with the dungeon and if its the first time players enter in that dungeon, tey'll use the walkthrough notes

After player the first time with the walkthough, maybe can they play the second time without ;)

LordXYP
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

A walkthrough coming with the dungeon is a bad idea in my opinion. The fun is not playing through a game, the fun is figuring out how to do so. If the dungeon is as hard as it seems to be, then I suggest you make it easier and don't give out a walkthrough with it, players will have more fun with that. Furthermore, there is a nice bonus feature: People will ask on the forums for help if they are stuck, and you will have the joy of knowing that people are having fun with your dungeon. Reading about that is a huge reward for me at least.

Sidenote: I'd like to offer my help as a playtester, but right now, I just don't have the time for it. My new girlfriend has top priority, yes, even over DM! :wink:
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Yes Trantor, walkthrough is a bad idea...

Ok thanks. Like linflas mails me, maybe i'll put some riddle in each step of the dungeon to give players capacity to found solutions of each step.

Oh my God, i hope not to be hated by players, it will be the worst think i fear.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Trantor wrote:My new girlfriend has top priority, yes, even over DM! :wink:
Your new girlfriend? Boy is Sophia going to be pissed. Consider youself banned, I think. :)

Anyways, back on topic, I don't think you'll be hated for a hard dungeon lordXYP. People may hate the dungeon if it's pointlessly hard, yes, but not hate you. Besides, one player's "ridiculously hard" is another's "just right". Don't try to please everyone, just make a dungeon you would like to play.

Anyways, that's just my two cents, to be taken with a shovel or two of salt, since I'm not even volunteering to playtest.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Trantor has a new girlfriend? Man, am I envious!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I already told Sophia about her. It was hard for her to accept, yes, and it made me sad to fill her with such grief. :( But being the lovable, adorable person that she is, she finally understood; we'll settle things out of court.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

sorry LordXYP, but I`m already busy designing my own dungeon so I cannot help you! :(
but we`re waiting for your custom! it`s always good to see new ones!!!

@Trant: congrats for your new girlfriend! you don`t have to choose between her and DM - just learn her how to play it! or better don`t, cause she might think you`re insane!! ;)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Yeah, girls who play DM are weird, and best avoided. :P

Er... :wink:
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Adamo wrote: @Trant: congrats for your new girlfriend! you don`t have to choose between her and DM - just learn her how to play it! or better don`t, cause she might think you`re insane!! ;)
It doesn't take DM for her to realize that, she already discovered my state of my mind. :wink: Anyway, she already knows that I play this 20 year old game and that there is a lovely forum about it, but she isn't really interested to try it out. She's too busy killing Alliance characters in WoW.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, there's enough comments on XYP's dungeon to not make it worth splitting off posts, but can everyone use a better thread to congratualte Trant now!