RTC v0.45 Mapeditor problems

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

RTC v0.45 Mapeditor problems

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello FOLKS :)

I was very happy to see that v045 contained Dungeon Master 2 - great job there George. :D

But I have stumbled across two problems while trying the map editor :(

1. I can not create a new dungeon. When i try to put a character in a mirror the program complains about all character being busy. and that they cant be used again.

2. I dont understand how to use the DM2 graphics ... and hopefully make a combined map of DM and DM2 graphics.

If someone knows how those things works I would be deeply gratefull for any help :) Or if there is place on the forum that you can give me the link to?

Many thanks in advance :)

/Daniel (Sweden)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey Daniel - sorry we've had to tighten the security on the site since you were last here (too many spammers)

1. You need to create characters firts, and then you put those characters into the mirrors (or into the party). In a new dungeon there are no ready-made characters!

2. You just clone an item, and then assign any graphics that are the right size - Dm or DM2 - to that item

Wall sets are defined though the wall sets menu, and so you can build up levels with different graphics by creatning diferent wallsets (just use the DM and DM2 defaults graphics) and then assign those wallsets to levels.

Hope someone else can answer better, but that should start you off!
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Many thanks for your answer Beowuuf :) I will do my best to make it work. And no need to appologize, antispam measures are always welcomed. 8)

I am sure that I will stumble over many things that confuses me so I will most likely make more posts asking for help :)

Best wishes

/Daniel (Sweden)