sharing..

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

sharing..

Post by cowsmanaut »

Just thought I would share that I lost my cat to heart failure today, it's been a grueling weekend. I'm emotionally exhausted. He's been my best friend for 12 years, and when it came down to it it's like losing a child.

I don't know if I'll be participating much on here for a bit, I have not been this past little while as it is. However, it might be less.

The only thing is I do need to renew the website name for another year very soon so I'll do my best to get on that before may..
Kain
Apprentice

Post by Kain »

Hiya old buddy.
Sorry to hear about the loss of your little one. I would be devastated if I ever lost Komet. I know I haven't kept in touch but that's what my whole family says :)
[not that there is anything new to report]
I'll talk to you later.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Sincere condolences.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

You mentioned your cat a few times elsewhere in the forum, Cows. It's obvious that it was an important part of your daily life and a good (non-virtual) friend. Condolences to you for losing your close companion.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Very sorry for you loss :(

Feel free to share any stories etc when you feel better so your cat can live on in the forums and our heads too
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://blog.myspace.com/53051106

if you really want to read the whole details. otherwise skip the section with the ****** the part at the bottom is some things about his great little personality. I wish more people could have met him.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

:(
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Aawww nooo, NIcky :(. I just read your blog thingy you linked...I would hate to lose any pet like that...he sounded really lovely and a great personality :(.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, I've just read it too and he sounded like such a sweet character : ( The story before sounds a horrible experience you never want to have
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

:( Really sorry to hear about Nicky, Cows. I read the blog entry and he sounds amazing. I've never had a pet for any great length of time and have never had the kind of emotional investment you described, so I can't imagine what it must be like for you. But remember all the good stuf, it's all we can do at the end of the day.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

You were there when I really needed an open mind to talk to. I wish I could console you in the same way. I'm a cat person myself. Though I've never actually kept a pet cat, I am rather attached to my mom's shaggy orange tom. When he was a kitten, he run up and attack me while I was sitting at my desk, and then he'd run away expecting me to chase him. He's absolutely terrified of strangers, but he loves me now. My mom tells me he sometimes cries when I go away for the weekend.

Anyway, I'm sorry.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I'm sorry for your loss Cows.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Thank you all for your support. It's been a bit of a rough week. I took a few days of work. Though I'm back up and running again.

The biggest thing is just adjusting to the loss of someone who greeted me every day and tucked me in every night. Feels rather odd, and I find myself now going to bed around 5 or 6 am instead of midnight. Once the sounds of birds begin to chirp.. somehow the ambient noise helps.. odd..

Sorry to subject you all to my blog ;) I am rather odd and that I suppose is a bit of my life few of you have had any sight of. If you found much of it at all coherent.. then you must be as scatterbrained as me :D

I did add to it.. just some more thoughts about my cat. I may add more, I have about 12 years of life with his little personality. So plenty of stories.

again.. thanks all.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

sorry cowsmanaut :( , i know it's a little late , it's terrible when you lose a piece of your life so close. I just lost a pet too, glad you're back up and running :)
keep your gor coin handy
MitchB1990
Artisan

Post by MitchB1990 »

Cows I can sympathize with you, my dog (Named Hunter) had to be put down, a little over 3 years ago. He had cancer throughout his entire body (Through the Limpthnode Sytem *Sp?) He couldn't breath and his entire body would spasm in pain. At one point he just could stop spasming and we had to eventually put him down. It's a horrible thing to go through, and I hope that you or I will never have to ever again.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. Joined 27 Feb 2005 as Dark.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

You have my sincere condolences.
A pet like a cat or dog always becomes part of the family...
What Is Your Quest ?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Aww don't just mention cats or dogs...I've only ever had rodents myself...
Apprentice

Post by Kain »

Nothing wrong with rodents. I used to breed them. Tried for a silvered black hamster and quit the game after I got what I wanted.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Yes, I remember those little things. Not a very good handle on heights.. I seem to remember them frequently rolling off your shoulder and you catching them... at least they helped you sharpen your reflexes. I was begining to think you were breeding minature lemmings. :D
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Ameena wrote:Aww don't just mention cats or dogs...I've only ever had rodents myself...
it's all the same with a pet if you invest spiritual love, it's a loss when they pass away, and you can't get it back, a piece of you is gone forever
keep your gor coin handy
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

And I just had a really short e-mail from my friend informing me that her cockatiel, Sirius, died today. Arrgh it's all happening now, isn't it? :(
My last loss was on the 9th of January this year.
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Alas poor kitty :-(

I too lost a kitty long ago to old age. Took 5 years to get over it and get a new kitty! (incidentally 'new kitty' looks virtually identical to 'old kitty'!)

I feel your pain man :(
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Since this has been ressurected, and since I missed you on flashchat whenever it was, how are you doing cows?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Much better now. I still miss my cat.. like I've said. It's like losing a child to me. I still think of him, and actually have refused to put away his food dish so it's still on my floor in the corner of the room. I don't think I'll be getting another pet anytime soon. Though there is still the demon cat living here which I've warmed a little bit to since he's been behaving a bit more and stopped peeing on things... not quite the same though. .. what more can I say.. life goes on.. until it doesn't anymore.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

When I lost someone close to me, noone in the house touched his computer for months, even though it was the only one in the house! Sounds daft I know but you want to keep things around for a bit until you can adjust and accept the situation. It takes time so just stick at it, but do it at your own pace :)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I've just moved to a new place, so I've finally accepted it, with this new place I didn't even take the dishes, but my computer is still filled with photos of him and I still miss him. interesting how such a small person like him can inlfuence and affect my whole life so much that when he's gone your whole routine is adjusted enough that you feel you are forgetting something, that habits are made that when you don't act on them you feel somehow lost.

We still have one cat in the house so I can get some of those habits out on him. Like pacing the house and picking up cat to take in tow. :)