Meeting - what needs done

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

wow sounded like fun! dispite all mishaps. maybe in 5 years for the 25th :) thou someone plans something like this again, I'll save money and put the vaction time in EARLY so i can attend :)
HMM Dungeon master: the LARP! ok maybe not...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

am home.. but have been awake about 27 hours now.. so I will post more tomorrow, I also have my room in a sty after leaving so I'll need to tidy that a bit too. I'll try and post the main photos with people in them first.. for instance the ZYX pancake of DOOOOM! ;)

so expect a big post in ... uh.. many hours from now whilst I snooze :P

moo
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

yeah, that was great, really. i did several IRL meetings years ago and this DM one was of my favourites.

first, the place : London is probably in the 3 first cities in the world you have to visit absolutely and i haven't been there since i was 12. and they KNOW how to serve a guinness properly ! ;)
benjamin (zyx), ileana (zyxette) and i went and see the LOTR show, it was astonishing : lights, fireworks, costumes, giant puppets made this one a great show that put you back to childhood. (of course, if you don't like comedy, love stories and elvish songs, well... be on your way)

the people : i thought i would meet some non-talking shy geeks just like it happened in some previous IRL meetings and i was also afraid by the "language issue".
well honestly, i couldn't understand a word spoken by michael (beo) at the very beginning, but after few minutes of training i could be able to listen some pieces of conversation.
at the pub, all my fears disappeared : that was probably the moment i prefered in the whole weekend. everybody was here and happy to meet each other.

maybe next time in Paris ? :)

(ps. bonne nuit Adam ;))
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

It was fun and I don't regret meeting all of you, although I was a bit disappointed that Linflas wasn't wearing tight green clothes.

I wish we had more time. I couldn't talk as long and as deeply as I wanted with everybody.

Too bad we couldn't meet for the weekend, I'll guess we have to organize another meeting in France, Germany, Canada or Argentina.

Now I can't help reading Lunever without hearing his nice accent or reading Ameena without knowing that she's probably speaking too as she writes.

It was great to meet Beowuuf, Gambit and Cows. We've worked together by the past and it was an insult not to know each other in person!

I'll upload a few photos (if they're worth it) soon.
I'll propose a "Chaoz" game next week on the forum, to test the concept. (I'm busy playing tetris right now).
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol I do talk a lot, but not so much that I dictate to myself whilst typing messages ;).
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

So Monsieur LeFabrique noticed my accent ;-)
Hope I one day get an opportunity to stay long enough in UK to reduce it a bit. Hope I don't get an opportunity for such a long stay in US before I had one in UK ;-)
I definitely hope I can in the coming years get an opportunity to afford to visit Cows and Zyx. Having another meeting in Paris like Linflas suggested also seems to be a good idea :-D
BTW: It only occured to me after the meeting, that the proper activity would've been to visit the London Dungeon :-)
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I should finish my top reasons to visit BC :P

maybe I'll post more photos of BC to get your attention.. :)

I've got a VERY long post over in my new thread... several photos.. still hunting for the pancake of doom though.. will post those later.. maybe have more video too.. the one from sherlock is too dark.. I couldn't tell.. maybe if you watch it in a dark room it will be better :P
MitchB1990
Artisan

Post by MitchB1990 »

lol Post the pictures and stories. Will be fun to hear about it
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. Joined 27 Feb 2005 as Dark.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just wanted to say that I agree with zyx, that with most of you - zyx especially - that I just didn't get the chance to sit down properly and have deeper conversations with! Oh well

And apologies to not being able to PM at all. I didn't want to sent a generic mail to everyone (espeically since if everythong then did come without warning we'd be flooded!) but then had no time to personally PM most people :(

Oh well, next time we will co-ordinate better I hope!