Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

What about the riddles in the water level any hints?
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

The answer to the riddle is all around you, but you need to present it to the eyes in the special container (requires some magic or just natural method ;) ).
Last edited by iUSTINE on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

If it is what I am thinking I am going to kick myself in the head, I will go give that idea a try later. Have you found the dragon helm. yet? One more thing what is up with the door in the temple around the cloning experement?
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

stewy wrote:If it is what I am thinking I am going to kick myself in the head, I will go give that idea a try later. Have you found the dragon helm. yet? One more thing what is up with the door in the temple around the cloning experement?
Dragon helm can be found on the spider level, dont trust your eyes when you search for it. Story tells it is helm of Druafang, if it helps you.

I have not solved the cloning experiment in CIII so did not open the door either, I think I solved it in Conflux II but I barely remember anything, was like 3 years ago. I got the wisdom by using other path in the temple.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

In the cellar any hints on the door of answers and one last thing do you need the power gem anywhere else? I dont want to use it and loose it if needed else where. that is why I restarted my game over last week? thanks one more time
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Door of answers - it opens when you present 1 fountain with some special item found at this level, quite near, but at very unusal spot.

About power gem - I remember I could travel with it through whole dungeon in CII, but could not here. I dont know details but Halk's quest has something to do with power gem, not sure if there are 2, have not done it yet.

I think you dont need it, just open the door, otherwise you wont get points. But if you have halk maybe try to finish his ending first (no idea if its possible with PG from DC)
DM Master
Neophyte

lich

Post by DM Master »

How do i kill the lich in the hall of the dead i have tried every thing but i just cant do it .
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

You wont kill it by spells. Basically you need to stand in 1 spot in front of him and nuke with good melee weapons, while healing your party with vigor potions. You need strong party for it. And when you do it there is 1 more 'suprise' waiting for you.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

iUSTINE wrote:I think, beside guild endings, I miss only 3 things now.

Funereal rapier, 3rd cerberus and 1 scroll, according to Parallax's list.

I guess it might be hard to hint where is the last scroll (since I dont remember where I found 4 of mine), can anyone give me a hint what level should I look for the rapier and the third cerberus (got 1 from DC and Chamberlain), please ? (with sugar on top).
For the rapier you need to spend guild items, on the guild level, but not in the guilds. The scroll you're missing is the 'infinite' scroll from Mophus' ending (since you said you haven't done the guild endings.) The cerberus is Xanathar's.

EDIT: Spoilered the spoilers.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Allright, I think I have done all beside guild endings, but my score is 127. Without 1 scroll of air it should be 129, 2 points missing somehow. Gonna start again now and do 3 guild endings, I guess.

Thanks for the tips. As usual I rushed and missed few walls, niches or buttons.
Last edited by iUSTINE on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Forgot about some riddles that I have not solved yet. Lets give it a try here.

Tributes at spider level:
1) Herakles - I am pretty sure I solved it in CII, have no idea what to do here, tried brute force with lots of itmes, with no avail. Even tried to pump Leif to 170 str and touch the wall :)
2) Lost wanderer - no idea, compass is not working, tough one.

Mirrors at crypt level.

1) Allright, I guess champions all playable, but what about undeads ? It's possible to put bones into mirorrs though, do we need to cast some spell to trigger something here ?

2) Bones of Lor - the riddle with 'ressurection' spell. Only managed to put snapdagon into his altar so far; remember I needed 3 objects in CII and it trigerred something.

Mines - room of riddles - only missing the one telling about steady pace and cage, have not tried brute force, might be arrow, have not checked it yet.

Other ones:
There is a face near stairs to Tower of M. saying about death and thirst, wonder if that triggers something.

Sundrier - too nice to be just a decoration ? I smell a riddle.

Gardening challenge - holy pacman ! Is it possible to solve this one without golems ? Exterminated them. Was trying to put flowers and mushrooms everywhere, together with ashes, throwing them into pits (lol), putting them into niches etc. I smell that this elven suit and mushroom has something to do here, can't solve it. I was thinking - maybe I need to dress all in the party in elven suits or at least clothes, hehe, but was too lazy to go and search for it. Nice idea for a puzzle though ! ;p

Altar of ancient doors - can't get into the room with the bag, not a biggie, have not tried it much, still something to do.

Phasing Shower thing at Spiders level - what is that one for ? Intresting. I have cleaned few spiders inside though ;p

Maps of Tower of M., Dragon's Lair, Clockwork Knights - would be nice to find them, so far failed.

Cloning experiments - did not spend much time there but still need to fgure out how to open or bypass this door.

Torture chamber - only for fun or ?

Dont remember more, might add later. If we have CIV in the future I want mooore puzzles like that, super hard. Impressive job Zyx. Give it modern graphic and sound and you could earn lots of money :D
The most funny thing for me was that I solved lots of these puzzles in CII and barely remember anything here, double fun :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

iUSTINE wrote:Forgot about some riddles that I have not solved yet. Lets give it a try here.

Mirrors at crypt level.

1) Allright, I guess champions all playable, but what about undeads ? It's possible to put bones into mirorrs though, do we need to cast some spell to trigger something here ?
2) Bones of Lor - the riddle with 'ressurection' spell. Only managed to put snapdagon into his altar so far; remember I needed 3 objects in CII and it trigerred something.

- have you clicked on these mirrors after you put the bones in?

Other ones:
There is a face near stairs to Tower of M. saying about death and thirst, wonder if that triggers something.

- If you read the notes, there is a rune associated with death. Thinking about thirst and the rune might give you a hint for the riddle. Unless it has changed, you only get items for it

- It will dry out something to give you something else. You might find the sewer gives you items you otherwise need time and space to turn into useful spell components

Cloning experiments - did not spend much time there but still need to fgure out how to open or bypass this door.

- really small details hide great rewards. Well, an open door if I'm honest.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

I think I clicked the mirros many times and nothing, unless you can do it only without full party. Gonna try it once again though. Thanks for the other tips.

Btw, instead funereal rapier I am getting funereal ring - zap. Oh well :p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

They are normal champion mirrors, so you can't selet a new champion with a full party I'm afraid
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote:They are normal champion mirrors, so you can't selet a new champion with a full party I'm afraid
Is this Lor guy playable too if I put his bones into one of 'blank' mirrors on this level ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Simpler than that - dunno what you used to have to do, but last time I checked your solution was the same as putting bones into the other mirrors.

I think it even mentions the bones of lor are his old body.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Well his bones says something about blank mirror and his spirit in it, thats why I thought about him being 1 more special champion avialable only if you put his bones into 1 of the empty mirrors in the Crypt. The other thing is I can't check the names of these champions with full party, no idea how are they called etc.

But I still dont know what does it have to do with 'ressurection spell riddle". In CII it was easy, 3 items -1 or each rune mentioned in the scroll - and it gave me something I think. Here - no idea, like I said I can put snapdragon there and then - something happens ? Maybe I missed it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, you did exactly the correct thing, just with a full party the DM mechanics don't let you view the champion selection screen for any of the champions around - dwarf heroes, lich villains or lor.

Unless zyx has done somehtign complex and clever, the lor bones don't really do anything they are just for flavour. I could be wrong, but they didn't used to be needed.

The ressurection spell was originally - literally - a red herring. Then I do recall zyx saying he had made the ressurection spell 'work' but forgot what he did (obviously something involving three components as you used to do, including the item you still use). By the time I tried it playtesting later CII versions, he'd broken the previous method, so fixed it with the simplier method now available.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

So it might be that only snapdragon is needed here. Problem is - if thats true and no more other items are needed - I really dont know what it triggers, altar gave me nothing. Maybe something spawned in the area, meh, I guess I will need Zyx's confirmation or just will be more focused next time I replay the dungeon.

Or maybe you still need more ingredients, different ones, hehe, though I tried many things. Damn this riddle, took my so much time in CII and yet again it strikes again ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is no other effect - using the flower for lor, or any bones for other champions, only reveal new champion portraits. There are no other effects I know of. So if you have a full party, you are doomed to not see the effects of your work.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

If any of the riddle answers are too vague, let me know and I can PM a better hint.
For the spider riddles, The lost wanderer needs direction. POINT him in that direction. Heraklesius, if it's the one I'm thinking of, hidden and past the door riddle, use an item that a pit fighter might use (non-fatal).

Altar of doors has a monster generator in it and a monster teleporter...

The cage riddle was answered in an older thread. A monster drops the item you need.

Torture chamber can save you about six or so emerald keys.

On a side note, it's kind of amusing that nobody wanted to clone those cursed guild members.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

iUSTINE wrote:Forgot about some riddles that I have not solved yet. Lets give it a try here.

Tributes at spider level:
1) Herakles - I am pretty sure I solved it in CII, have no idea what to do here, tried brute force with lots of itmes, with no avail. Even tried to pump Leif to 170 str and touch the wall :)
2) Lost wanderer - no idea, compass is not working, tough one.
These two got me stumped too. Thanks Christopher for the hints. :)
I thought those mirrors had to go through the same activation process as the dwarven mirrors, from a different place.
Isn't there a scroll there or a message that says to use the "ZO VI EW' spell? I never fiddled much with this, but I thought of bringing a ZO liquor bottle there. Too bad Zed can't stay off the liquor and drinks every single on he finds... The one in the wine cellar is a LO, maybe I kept it...
Other ones:
Read the runes file, then look for an item that combines the concepts of thirst-quenching with the concept of death.
It is an item transmuter, at least. You can dry at least one item to turn it into a different item. I wonder if it has other uses. I'm still looking for a distillery to turn all the SAR wines into yummy, yummy ZO liquors...
Gardening challenge - holy pacman ! Is it possible to solve this one without golems ? Exterminated them. Was trying to put flowers and mushrooms everywhere, together with ashes, throwing them into pits (lol), putting them into niches etc. I smell that this elven suit and mushroom has something to do here, can't solve it. I was thinking - maybe I need to dress all in the party in elven suits or at least clothes, hehe, but was too lazy to go and search for it. Nice idea for a puzzle though ! ;p
The elven suits allows your party to dress as garden gnomes. This is very important and should be performed first and foremost.
Once you are dressed as a garden gnome, throw a mushroom over the pit and leave. Come back later once the shrooms have gone through several life cycles. Hopefully some spores will have landed on the pad 4 or 5 tiles away and the portcullis blocking access to your crummy reward (I'm not kidding!) will have opened.
Altar of ancient doors - can't get into the room with the bag, not a biggie, have not tried it much, still something to do.
What needs to be done and how to accomplish it are somewhat unclear to me. Go everywhere you can and after a while a giggler will spawn. When it steps on a certain tile one of the doors will open and you will be able to get in there. I cannot be more helpful than this because this is the extent of my knowledge of this area. I also don't guarantee that this is the inal goal of this area, as the seethrough spell will reveal a few more tiles in the northwest that I've never been able to access. It's a bit like "how do you open the portcullis at the altar of Rose?" I don't know, you wait a bit and after a while, it just opens. There is no obvious causality link I could determine.
Phasing Shower thing at Spiders level - what is that one for ? Intresting. I have cleaned few spiders inside though ;p
Your guess is as good as mine. Probably better, actually.
Maps of Tower of M., Dragon's Lair, Clockwork Knights - would be nice to find them, so far failed.
A bunch of maps are 'kept together'. You need to 'release' them into the 'public domain' at some point...
Open. There's no bypassing that door as far as I know. You DO want that rapier, don't you? Besides, isn't there a lock right next to it?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably better, actually.
Actually, you're not far off the mark...
some other monsters nearby might yeild you something interesting if you can get one of them into the shower.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Wow, is there a hint for that one anywhere that I missed?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

If you have Chani in your party, they will say something about it.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

I got the code word for the forest map where you get your dragon greves but it is not on your list of maps. any sugestions where I can go to get it?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Yes that is the link that has no option for the password I found.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Stewy, I maintain those maps and passwords -- please private message me with your problem and I'll take a look.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Emerald forest map is number 12 on the list of maps. The password works, I just checked it.