The Bard's Tale

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Relig
Craftsman

The Bard's Tale

Post by Relig »

This is a sort of remake of the original Bard's Tale and the web site is halarious! I still love the original though...

Check this http://www.thebardstale.com/

You need to hover and or click on each person a couple of times to get the full effects :wink:

The two at the back made me crack up...

Also http://www.thebardstale-thegame.com/uk/ which also is sort of funny and has a demo download of the game. - I couldn't run it though as my video card couldnt run it. :(

More info on the maker/designer here http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/thebardstale1.php
Logales
Novice

Post by Logales »

Sounds funny but rather a poor cover of the original Bard Tales Series
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Actually, in this game there is a song in the starting tavern which is basically a story about why there is/was that 11 o'clock last orders in pubs at Great Britain.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

was. now you can drink all night, but you cannot smoke in pubs (GB)! (Thanx God you still can in Poland!)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I tryed Bards Tale little but i dont understand it. Its not the same like other games where i known what to do. Do it have also close encounters like cities or labirynths? I start in empty fieldand i go to nowhere and from time to time someone attack me.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I got this on PS2 was quite amusing, but never got the chance to play that far into it. Will have to go back to it soon.
Regards,

Andy
SailorCallie
Neophyte

Post by SailorCallie »

Logales wrote:Sounds funny but rather a poor cover of the original Bard Tales Series
Agreed. I was expecting a modern-day remake of the 1980's BT series, but instead you only get to play as a Bard and venture by yourself in lieu of being in a party. :(
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yes, I also was at a first glance a bit disappointed because I had expected something based on the original Bard's Tale series (which I only started to play on Amiga AFTER I was through with Dungeon Master, although it was available on my C64 years earlier).

But on a second glance I found that the new Bard's Tale game is bloody brilliant. It is not a classical mixed-classes-party game, true. You play a bard, and you get other characters in the course of time when you learn more and more summoning songs.

What's making the game bloody brilliant though is its zynical humour, and the total lack of any moral on part of the main character, who is far more interested in wine, women, song and gold instead of the epic quest to save the world. I just love the way the game plays with role-playing-clichées. Have you seen the undead dancing contest? I nearly laughed tears when I saw it.
Oh, and the game has three different endings which are also quite funnny.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.