switching moveable walls

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THOM
Artisan

switching moveable walls

Post by THOM »

I have built a weappon which should switch moveable walls. But it does not work.
I have tried action_swap_tile_infront but when I do it all I get is the sound of the successful action - but the wall stays solid after that.
Is it really imposssible to swap moveable walls or is ist a bug? or is ther something that I have missed?

(and in my special case I cannot do an action_deactivate_object because then would all the movebale walls in the whole deactivated...)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Could you post the code?
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

Yes, I could :)

Code: Select all

ADD		ATTACK_METHOD_CUT			NAME=(CUT)	TYPE=(FIGHTER)	ACTION=(ACTION_SWAP_TILE_INFRONT,FLOORITEM_WALL_MOVABLE,STAFF_BRANCH)	STRENGTH=(1)	LEVEL=(0)	ENERGY=(4)	TIME=(12)	CHARGES_USED=(0)	MANA_USED=(0)	SOUNDS=(SUCCESS:SOUND_STEP_TREE,FAILURE:SOUND_ATTACK_SWING)	
And the movebale wall is one which is placed onto a wallset_alt tile which gives it the shape of a bush. (thicket)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm still a bit of newb to the ACTION stuff in RTC, but I think if you change the Strength to max (100) it might do it?

Note that this action will apply to ANY movable wall. If you only want it to affect walls that are bushes, you'll need to clone it and give it a new name, such as FLOORITEM_BREAKABLE_BUSH. Otherwise, a champion could Cut down a stone wall!
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

I tried all the things you've recommended. Nothing was successful.
I think it is because RTC considers movable walls (when you delete them) as normal walls - that is the behaviour in the editor.

So right now seems to be no way to trigger a movable wall by actions.

Could that be changed??