Question about creating new walls for RTC

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
takis76gr
Journeyman

Question about creating new walls for RTC

Post by takis76gr »

Hi again,

I have one little question and problem. I am creating new walls for Dungeon Master RTC and I am adding new bitmaps wallset to create one new custon dungeon.

But there is one little problem , when I adding one bitmap , the colors of new bitmap wallset , does not appear with correct palette in RTCEditor.

What could I do to fix this problem?

I tried and 256 color bitmap and 16bit bitmap and png image.
All of them has error colors when imported in Editor as new graphic.

What can I do?

Thank you...
takis76gr
Journeyman

Post by takis76gr »

In the editor does not appear well , in the game appear with correct palette.

why?

I thing I found on bug.

When the bitmap win previewing as 50% has error colors in editor , when it previewing as 100% has correct colors , in the editor when adding on new wallset.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The Editor uses Windows GDI for graphics display, which doesn't resample colours properly when showing scaled graphics, this is why they look wrong.

I've never found it a problem. As you say, it looks fine in game, so I'm not bothered that it doesn't look correct in the editor. Do you really find this to be a problem?
takis76gr
Journeyman

Post by takis76gr »

I don't say that is a problem , but first time I was confused I delete and create the same wall , many times untill realise the wall has error palette only in scalling preview and took me 1 hour to delete and remake a lots of pictures with different paint programs with many image formats and colors.