Where is everyone?

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

Where is everyone?

Post by Pirate Neilsouth »

Seems to be abit dead :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Activity wise the forum's about the same (as in projects and so forth), I think poster wise a few of us are a bit busier... we're just sometimes a quieter forum! :D
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Pirate, most of people are lurking here, not writing a posts. Try to enter the flashchat about 19-21 CET and wait for about an hour, so that people will come if they see someone`s there. But it`s summer vacations now ;)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It is summer, people go and do holidays etc... having said that, it has been awfully quiet the last few weeks, more so than usual. Maybe we have finally run out of things to say!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think some of the stalwarts are a little busy, I'm usually distracted or trying to do other thigns so not actively posting, you sir gambit have been busy yourself (though still posting cool stuff), etc

still, when some members are busy or absent, others come back - parallax poking his head back, paulH and sucinum even more impressive

So yeah, it's been a little quiet but not dead yet!
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

Cool stuff , i'd hate to see it die the custom dungeons keep me coming back for more damn it :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, appreciate you linking back to your site!
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

beowuuf wrote:Yeah, appreciate you linking back to your site!
Sorry? , bit unfair...

Everything that i post on our forum gets linked to this one or the source of the information.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33929065
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33929054

Examples above , so i feel you are stabbing me with just your gut feeling.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

??? I think Beowuff was saying "Thank you" for the links -- it gives us more exposure. You read his post entirely the wrong way. :)

That's one of the big problems with communicating through text. 'Tone' is missing and people infer a tone that may be completely wrong.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

BTW Pirate Neilsouth, I registered over on your forum to post a follow up on the Bloodbane Rising entry, and although I submitted the reply and it said it had been posted, nothing appeared in the thread?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

:oops:

Totally! Gambit says it exactly as I meant it. I genuinely meant 'thanks for linking back to your site'. There are gamers who don't know DM, who wouldn't specifically find our site, that will get to enjoy the hard work of people like GG, PaulS, Zyx, etc because they are retro gamers who'd get a kick out of the games.

If that leads to anyone coming here, even better, but it's just nice to have hard work rewarded as much as possible with exposure, and the sad thing is we are really too small a community to fully play all the custom engines and dungeons as much as they deserve for the hard work put in to them!

Even if you didn't link back here, the artist could still get feedback so I have no problem with it, but I appreciate you linked fully to the forum aswell so it could happen out in the open if anyone wants to comment over here

Anyway, sorry for typing fast and not being clear - I was just taking the opportunity to thank you for something we haven't mentioned before, cause you mentioning the custom dungeons reminded me about it. I wasn't attacking you liking the customs alot :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think it was the simple fact you used a "!" Beo. I can understand that could have been seen as sarcastic. You must remember to use those smileys! Naughty Beo! Naughty, naughty. *spank, spank*

Oh.

Now I feel a bit odd that I'm spanking Beo. Um, oh look, a fluffy squirrel... *runs*
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

So sorry for being abit sharp with you beowulf ( just broke up with the girlfriend ) and i read the post wrong... All is well :)

Gambit , sorted it and pmd you
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No problem, text is a terrible medium anyway without adding my horrible mental processes to the mix. It would be understandable anyway, let alone with your additional distraction :(
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I'm back ;-)