Lone Wolf in German

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Lone Wolf in German

Post by beowuuf »

Lone Wolf (series of fantasy gamebooks) is being reprinted by Mongoose right now with new illustrations, tweaked sections and mini-adventures or expanded main book sections.

While the French community has been large, (un)fortunately that means the rights to the French translation are still with the old publishers and the old version

However, the rights to the German translation were with JD, and he's now given them to someone to go ahead and get a German translation released of the new Mongoose versions!

See here for more info.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

(Cue comment from a German member about how he preferred to read the books in English anyway)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Probably! Although as Trant says the Holy Grail has some great extra gags in german, and I believe the german translation of the Discworld books had some brilliant re-translations (genuinely, not engrish style good bad ones)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yeah, the Discworld translations are very good, and I believe the translator won a prize for Reaper Man, as his version was supposed to be better than the original (though I doubt that is true). Maybe I'll take a look at those Lone Wolf thingies eventually, if time permits...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The good thing is that the first book actually got heavily re-done by JD, instead of merely possessing a bonus adventure. So, you know, see it again for the first time!