U-day today

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

U-day today

Post by beowuuf »

See you on the shiny upgraded flip-side!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Wooty! Looking forward to it! Thanks in advance Christophe, I hope it all goes OK. I nearly lost the entire database during the last upgrade, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed... :-)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

:shock:
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

U as in Forum Upgrade.... ;)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Re: U-day today

Post by cowsmanaut »

Linflas challenged me and I had to respond.. he said I wouldn't make a logo for the chronicles skin.. so I had to take the challenge and did this after about 20 mins :P

cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oh and many thanks to Christophe for the new upgrade. Looks good so far.. :)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

and one that works for this skin
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Give it some anti-aliasing love :-)

I don't think there's a version of Chronicles for this version of phpBB. We lost the old version in the upgrade.

I mentioned several times in the last few weeks about doing a new theme. If we do that, would it replace the default one Christophe, or would you keep both together?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, I'll need to blend it with the background colours. I've just been making a few adjustements of images, that's how I changed the skins in the past. Just change the images and then you only need to upload to a folder and overwrite. Not PHP changes needed. This way any modifications Christophe had made would be maintained. I wasn't sure if he wanted to stay with this skin for that reason, as you mentioned that in the past when you made the mods to the skin, so we kept the blue one for this whole time. I've noticed while using this one that there are a few images that could stand some modification, so I'm just changing all the topic icons (locked, hot, sticky, read, undread, info) to something that has a bit more of a fantasy element but blends with the scheme and other buttons here.. not only that but actually POP as to what it is.. I find the read and unread in this skin to be too subtle for my tastes :P
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/Chronicles

ahhh cows !!!! i haven't started mine yet !!! :D
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I mentioned several times in the last few weeks about doing a new theme. If we do that, would it replace the default one Christophe, or would you keep both together?
I'd like to keep the number of styles to a minimum. I think it is wise to keep the default style, as it should always work flawlessly. It is maintained by the phpbb team and all MOD authors ensure their MOD works fine with it.
I'm OK with adding one more style. We could add the Chronicles theme if people think it is a good idea, then when you make a new style, we would replace Chronicles by yours.
We would end up with two styles: the default phpbb 3 style (prosilver), and a custom style with a more fantasy look. Each user can then choose which style to use.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Groovy - I always did like the old Chronicles one :). And I agree with Cows that I'm not too keen on the post icons the way they are right now (the ones to the left of each topic/thread/post to show whether there's new posts or not). Dunno why...I think they just somehow look a bit "complicated" witht hose little lines on rather than just being a big blob or something or whatever we had before (yes I know "before" was only yesterday but already I've forgotten wtf the images were, lol).
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

I got bored of Chronicles over time (seen way too often), but i'd really like Codex dark back :).
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I kind of like the looks of the forum right now; posts are excellently readable.. a fantasy theme is a good idea, though
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, i liked the codex dark, as used on the front page!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

actually, THE skin we need is Codex Dark :)
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II