top 100 games for Amiga

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

top 100 games for Amiga

Post by Adamo »

http://www.warblade.as/feature01.html
old games with cheap 2D graphics were the best!!! To be honest, I just hate modern games; I think they`re graphicly overloaded.

I agree that the first part of SimCity was the best one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another top100 (with screenshots):
http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainurl=http ... s_list.php
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Memories, memories...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

That lemonamiga top 100 is entirely inconsistent, DM is not into ! actually, DM has been noted *only* 8.3, is viewed as a 1992 Psygnosys release and i cannot resist pasting the first comment on it :
Amiga users were envying Atari ST's because of this game (usually, it was the other way round), so I too was eager to put my hands on it. If you desired it this way, don't bother reading my comment. Same if you truly enjoy playing DM. After Shadow of the Beast III, it is with regret that I bash another Psygnosis game.

Can someone tell me what is DM about ? Throwing objects at the wall will have you gain combat experience, then throwing yourself onto the walls losing vitality ! Imho, the fuss about this title was due to the intolerable lack of 3D fps on the miggy platform.

Again, there were so many Psygnosis titles worth playing... If you're new to the Amiga world of wonders, stay clear of DM, DMII, Eye of the Beholder. Here are the main drawbacks inmho :
Animation is crappy, encounters are redundant, action is repetitive.

The title has "Dungeon" in it, so one may think the Dungeons and Dragons license was part of it. Beware, there are very few branded AD&D games that are both faithful to the board game rules & entertaining, even back in the days.

I hear your sobbing. You're still striving to find a game that features dungeon exporing and goblin butt kicking ! (I too most certainly fancy these exercises). Why not try Daggerfall (from the Elder Scroll series) ?

This said, one has to acknowledge that DM's unique design inspired many RPGs games featuring a subjective view (Black Crypt, Galdregon's domain, to name only the Amiga ones...).
... which remembers me my friend(a WOW nerd-RPG-fan girl)'s first impression when she played DM for a few minutes :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I feel sorry for what they are missing
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't trust any site that can't even get basic facts right, such as release date. Yeah, there was Psygnosis release, but that came four years after the original Amiga version, nearly 5 after the ST version!

The problem with many of the comments on there is that people aren't taking the game in context and are comparing it to stuff that came out much later. Hardly fair!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, Dm is so boring, where are the in game cut scenes and 3D freedom of movement of Half Life? Jesus, how lame a game is DM if it doesn't have an M25 grendade launcher !

I also love how it attacked the game for thigns we love. I really prefer where you only get experience in combat, and have to grind out of your arse to get the skills to progress. Let's just throw hate at a a system where you can not engage in combat at all and gain experiences for doing anything that requires skill, not just swing your phallic symbol and kill : D

No XP for money and kills? Hell yeah Dm is not a direct decendant of D&D!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Well in my own comparisons to todays market, it's still a great game, and I've still managed to see people who are new to the game catch on to it and love it despite all the other things they could be playing.

It's just that some people, in that day, and today just don't care for it. It's unfortunate that someone that biased would have to be the first comment. It's obvious that with this community going strong and with as many users as we have, that the game itself has a strong influence. Compounded with the fact it was released in countries around the world and translated to several languages. It's not something that happens to every game, even in todays market!
Erik Bauer
Adept

Re: top 100 games for Amiga

Post by Erik Bauer »

DM just in 8° position, PopulousII way behind Syndacate, Shadow of the Beast way ahead of Superfrog, Capital Punishment way better than Another World.
Men, I wonder if my tastes are so weird or if it is that those pepole did not play those games before voting.
Don't let a closed door stop you