Does anybody remember...........

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mindstone
Adept

Does anybody remember...........

Post by Mindstone »

It was from this very forum that someone reminded me of Betrayal at Krondor!

So I need a memory jog, does anyone remember a game on the amiga, where the main character was a Cyborg, who could transform into a robotic Dinosaur and a Robot-tank. You had to fight an uber-robot called "The prowler"

I remember the game in some detail, its just the name dammit, if I can get a name, or even a lead, I can download it and any emulators, etc.

Adios, and thanks :-)
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
MitchB1990
Artisan

Post by MitchB1990 »

I used to have that one... I can't remember the name for hte life of me though
bitza
Apprentice

Post by bitza »

I think this game might be 'Full Metal Planet' Possibly. I remember playing iton the oldatari (and more recently on the emulators). Therewere several games with similar names ("Metal Mutant", "Full Metal Planet", "Metal Fighter", etc) but I'm fairly sure it is Full metal planet. I think.. :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Metal Mutant! Yeeahh - Cyborg, Dinos, and Tank - Cyborg was a humanoid, whose main weapons were a club and fork. The Cyborg was also the form you had to take when saving the game (connecting to this spaceship-looking thing that was floating in the air). It was also the only form that could jump, and had a grapnel thing to climb onto higher ledges. Its walk-speed was the fastest.
The Dinos (probably my favourite) resembled a kind of Tyrannosaurus-shaped dinosaur. It could breathe fire, bite, shoot fire from its tail, use hypno-eyes (whetever they did), and could also make a little bug-drone thing come out of its back whicih you could then control and move around.
The Tank was the slowest-moving, and moved on caterpillar tracks. It could fire bullets horizontally, vertically, or diagonally (upwards), and fire rockets out of its "eyes".
We had a demo of it on the Atari, which was just the start of the game (in a green kind of swampy-forest place), but a few months ago I found and downloaded the full version on the Net and played it in DOSbox...however, I didn't get much further beyond the point the demo finishes, because it just got really hard and I went into this purple tunnel thing and got nubbled by these little bug...things.
But anyway, yeah, it was quite a fun game :).
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Indeed it was Metal Mutant! Thanks for the help all.

Man what a nostalgia trip.

Did anyone ever find a way to kill that damned Prowler, he keeps on killing me :-(
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Trego
Artisan

Re: Does anybody remember...........

Post by Trego »

Does anyone remember a game that was top down view and similar to Ultima and Exile? You started with one(?) main character and went around trying to recruit other heroes from other towns/villages. To walk on lava you needed a certain spell (or armour) hell hounds and dragons were located there.

But the main difference was when you walking into caves it turned into a first person 3D dungeon type environment, you could pick up, throw things, and move like in DM. Spiders were common in the caves and would cover you/the screen in web slowing your movements.
It's not a bug in the program, I've just gone and done something weird.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: Does anybody remember...........

Post by Trantor »

The last part sounds like Conflux... But I'm afraid I have no clue about the game you describe Trego.
MitchB1990
Artisan

Re:

Post by MitchB1990 »

bitza wrote:I think this game might be 'Full Metal Planet' Possibly. I remember playing iton the oldatari (and more recently on the emulators). Therewere several games with similar names ("Metal Mutant", "Full Metal Planet", "Metal Fighter", etc) but I'm fairly sure it is Full metal planet. I think.. :)
Full Metal Planet was a turn based RTS, My brother and I would play it all the time.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. Joined 27 Feb 2005 as Dark.