DMJ Custom Wallset

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
zosodk69
Novice

DMJ Custom Wallset

Post by zosodk69 »

I'd like to create a custom wallset for Dungeon Master Java. It's my understanding that the walls were done with Pov-Ray. It would really save a lot of time if the original POV files were available to use as a starting point. Does anyone know how to go about obtaining these?
-=[dave]=-
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: DMJ Custom Wallset

Post by beowuuf »

That would either be cowsmanaut, who you could PM, or the creator alandale, who you could try to contact through e-mail though he hasn't been heard from for a while.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I do not have the pov ray files, I simply hand drew my own based on the same perspective lines. I think he messed with the whole thing to simulate the 1 point perspective as it is so it would match. so, I would suggest just using those as a template.

Alandale is a busy guy these days and I hear from him it seems about 1-2 times a year if that. Don't know if he still has those files.. he's gone mac all the way :D
alandale
Apprentice

Post by alandale »

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the original POV-Ray and sPatch files. I've been looking for the backup CDs off and on for a while with no luck. Maybe someday I'll find them again, but I'm afraid they may be gone forever. It's very upsetting actually, since I had some nice stuff there.

And POV-Ray works just fine on a Mac, by the way...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well there we go.. didn't even know it worked on a mac.. I guess it is open source after all right?