Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Troggy
Apprentice

Re: Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Post by Troggy »

I'm not using the new bugfix, but apparently when you put the Gaze of Fate emerald in the purse, it strips it of its special qualities. However, I'm not so sure if I wanted it back anyway, and I very well might just want an emerald more. That curse is so annoying, and even when you just look at it...
But taking away a character when you use it, that is just too nasty. The only conceivable use that it could have would be to take away a character so that you could get another one, but by the time you get it your characters are already very strong, and having a new char would be crippling.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Never found that (or laundered it before I noticed it) but one use for that could be the cycle through the guild leaders to see the endings. It would make the rest of your party high-level bodyguards to the possibly lower powered guiklt leader as he completes his/her unique mission
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

I got it from the quest from the Oracle in the Emerald area. It said to go to Aquantana, and wait for however many bells, and I did. Then the emerald showed up.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, been to the emerald area but didn't get that quest. Been to aquatana too, but didn't hear any bells (sound was messed up by then!)

Cool to look forward to!
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

It was the Aquantana area in the Sewers, where all the water elementals are generated. I had a bit of a time getting into the actual area, since the elementals are generated so fast. I had to use a max-level dispell or two, and immediately step forwards.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

There is either a duplicate or a different way to get the Gaze of Fate. I was not aware it did anything because at the time I only had one character. Now that I have four (well one, I killed the other three on purpose) the Gaze of Fate
Spoiler
supposedly changes me into a beast as I have gotten the text "SPELLCASTING IS IMPOSSIBLE UNDER BEAST FORM". I have no health or stats or portrait or inventory or the ability to take or deal damage.
I have not looked into it too much because that game save has a problem that is being looked at.
Quellar 2
Novice

Post by Quellar 2 »

Hi there :)

After some days of Conflux I've got some problems solving quests that ought be very easy (since no one has asked before in the thread ;)) - alas not to me it seems. :oops:

1. I've got some problems with the pits in the Sewers that would lead to the forge: they are not open. I was running around in the sewers, I was killing all the spitter trees and green monsters, but haven't found anything to open the entrance. Could anybody be so kind to lend me a hand here? Also I can't open the emerald (?) door in the south.

2. Another door/wall that won't open: at lvl 4 between the cantin-teleporter/guild-elevator.

3. Retirement room and purple circle of invocation. -> for that one please no direct spoilers, just a hint, if you would be so kind. :)

thanks a lot for your help!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. The pits to the forge are always open, so I suspect you are looking in the wrong place :) There should be a large corridor, with twisting side passages, one of which has stairs leads down to the outside of the forge/mine area. There are a few pits in that area you need to go.

Some door need opened from the other side, other doors you need to recognise the key-hole even if there is no obivious key-hole
Spoiler
like a black rune, and text coming up when you look at it
2. Again, some walls need opened from the other end :) Solve the mines (find the way in from the sewer) and you can break that wall down.

3. I think the two are tied together. Always look for obscure ways in (like the pits of the forge) and never assume a wall is a wall.
Quellar 2
Novice

Post by Quellar 2 »

thanks a lot for your reply!

to 1. maybe that was changed, but the pits near that stairs you mentioned, where I came in in conflux II are not open anymore :) or maybe I'm really completely wrong... Is there a teleporter involved? EDIT: got it! - no teleporter involved ;)
I found a black rune "keyhole" maybe I was trying the wrong keys, have to check. there was though no text coming up.
2. ah!
Spoiler
break them!
thanks! I did not use enough force...!
3. I see, so then maybe
Spoiler
from another level
and not through these doors... another thing to check :)

oh I love this game, so many things to be discovered. I managed to get Oleiff and Gothmog which was not really easy, because Zed has some difficulties being all alone in the crypta, but I am sooo proud of that ;-)
Last edited by Quellar 2 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. I think you are at a different set of stairs, the pits in the sewers are always open - I've playtested conflux II and played enough conflux III to have seen no difference here! AS I said, if you are in a main corridor in the sewers, two spaces wide, with diagonally snaking offshots that lead to nowhere (except blobs at most ends) aand there is one that ends in a stairwell that leads to a single corridor in the outside of the sworf mines (the other end actually leading to the crypt stairs) then you are in the right place.

Congrats on the Zed movement! Especialyl as he loses his horn in this version, so you don't have that automatic advantage against the enemy!
Quellar 2
Novice

Post by Quellar 2 »

your response crossed my edit :)
1. I finally found out: the pit open
Spoiler
if you do something twice

yeah the "Zed Movement" was quite a task, somehow I managed to escape
Spoiler
through pit D. thanks to very high life of Laieff
:D
Last edited by Quellar 2 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

I never really opened the Emerald doors on that stairway, preferring to save my keys for other things. However, I did use the stairway quite a lot, as I opened the gold door in the Temple, and then that allowed a straight shot down to the Council from the Guilds. Oh, and Quellar, I got Gothmog, Lor and Mophus with Iaido alone. If you thought that Oleiff has high stats, check out Lor.

My current party: (I'm just gonna include equipped items and items of note)

Iaido is a 4th level master fighter, Adept ninja, Expert priest, and a 3rd level master wizard

Stats:

Health -- 627
Stamina -- 283
Mana -- 193
Strength -- 62
Dexterity -- 92 (with Cloak of Night)
Wisdom -- 62
Vitality -- 54
Anti-fire -- 69
Anti-magic -- 59

Equipment:
Cloak of Night
Sar shield
Dragon helm, plate and greaves
Coral poleyn
the Caliburn (enchanted for Golem slaying)
The Everpouring Vial of Conflux

Lor is a 3rd level master fighter, Expert ninja, 2nd level master priest, and a 4th level master wizard.

Stats:

Health -- 938
Stamina -- 999
Mana -- 380
Strength -- 109
Dexterity -- 105 (with Cloak of Night)
Wisdom -- 91
Vitality -- 107
Anti-magic -- 130
Anti-fire -- 114

Equipment:
Cloak of Night
Shield of Neta (looks like a small shield, but explains that it is the Shield of Neta when looked at.)
full set of Divine armor (he can easily take the stamina drain because of his huge stamina)
the Leviathan (Just equip it, and then have a ton of strength potions to get the strength back, and also Golem slaying)
Swift Death
the Mournblade
the glowing rock
the Long Lost Wand

Gothmog is an Expert fighter, Artisan ninja, 5th level master Priest, and a 6th level master Wizard (with his special staff)

Stats:

Health -- 400
Stamina -- 249
Mana -- 292
Strength -- 48
Dexterity -- 38
Wisdom -- 100 (with Crown of Pride)
Vitality -- 46
Anti-magic -- 74
Anti-fire -- 66

Equipment :
The Shining (I was working on killing Vecna, and it gives just enough light to see)
Crown of Pride
Torso plate
Dragon greaves
Foot plate
Sorcerer staff (completed)
Cloak of Night (normally worn)
The Hellion

Mophus is an Expert fighter, Adept ninja, 5th level master Priest, and a 5th level master Wizard (with a duplicate of the Sorcerer staff and the Pendant Feral)

Stats:

Health -- 452
Stamina -- 421
Mana -- 280
Strength -- 57
Dexterity -- 50
Wisdom -- 70 (with a Crown of Pride)
Vitality -- 76
Anti-magic -- 90
Anti-fire -- 80

Equipment:
Pendant Feral
Crown of Pride
Torso plate
Elven mail
Boots of Speed
Sorcerer staff (from the weapon duplicator)
Emerald purse with 5 gems
Gold purse with 21 coins
Silver purse with 6 coins
2 Fiery Cerebruses (third level)

Other unique or important items that I have stashed:
the Balrog's sword
the Balrog's whip
the Ring
the Backbone of the Queen of the Munchers
the Des sabre
Furx
All of the Funeral items except for the Rapier
the stunning mace of order
the mace Windu
the Ghoul Touch gauntlets
the Darc armor, including the shield
the Scorching silk whip
the Horn of Fright
a number of teleport scrolls

Quest points: 128, including the Archmage, and without the Council or the Powergem.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

What is the cure for the Chills and Temblors disease? The one that causes you to shake instead of doing an action. I've tried health potions, chewer pod juice, cure poison potions and my character is still not able to use an action which has lasted about three hours of game play now. I never had this problem before when I played. A few potions of one or another would eventually get the YOU FEEL BETTER message.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, not played under the new version yet. Sleeping away fro mthe horrible atmosphere of the level you get the effect, and sleeping and then potions seemed to do the trick.

Have you got the cure solutions scrolls from near sudden death? I forget if there were any specific cures. Could be a bug though ... :(

@troggy - cool stats

@ queller - I guess I didn't get where you were with 1!
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

All diseases can be cured by health potions, but some are harder to cure than others. For instance, to get rid of the diseases from Vecna's curse, I had to use about 20 max-level health potions per character. Some diseases just have a lower chance to be cured. Some are obnoxiously hard to cure, and it seems that diseases have levels of strength, where it is much harder to cure diseases from harder enemies than from the weak ones in the sewer.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

@Beowuuf: Quellar is playing the beta 5, which have closed pits.

@Troggy: which version are you using? send me a savegame anyway.
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

I just meant that I hadn't managed to get past the door inside the powergem area, and I hadn't done the council yet.
Savegame sent anyway, I'm using beta 4
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Zyx wrote:@Beowuuf: Quellar is playing the beta 5, which have closed pits.
O.O

But...but...but...but....they've always been opened..... YOU MONSTER!

*Is scared what else has changed*
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

@Troggy: Iaido drank a serum potion and he felt better. I got lucky, you weren't.

EDIT: Ah, but it's Christopher who can't cure his character! Christopher, send me a savegame.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Well he finally got cured but that may have been because the other three got the same disease. Unfortunately my characters are low levels and it takes some time to get my cursed guild to level up. I'm at the point where they can survive the Pit D drop but not at the point where they can readily cure themselves from the chills. The sewers are a pain enough as it is but now that those pits are closed... I'm going to have broken equipment for quite some time.
@ Zyx: Do you still want the save?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

No need for the savegame, I think you just were unlucky and used unefficient potions. The pits in the sewers can be opened easily by the way.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Troggy wrote:I'm not using the new bugfix, but apparently when you put the Gaze of Fate emerald in the purse, it strips it of its special qualities.
Bug, I'll fix it for the next version.
Troggy wrote:That curse is so annoying, and even when you just look at it...
It's not a curse.
Troggy wrote: But taking away a character when you use it, that is just too nasty. The only conceivable use that it could have would be to take away a character so that you could get another one, but by the time you get it your characters are already very strong, and having a new char would be crippling.
That's only half its power.
Christopher wrote:There is either a duplicate or a different way to get the Gaze of Fate. I was not aware it did anything because at the time I only had one character. Now that I have four (well one, I killed the other three on purpose) the Gaze of Fate
Spoiler
supposedly changes me into a beast as I have gotten the text "SPELLCASTING IS IMPOSSIBLE UNDER BEAST FORM". I have no health or stats or portrait or inventory or the ability to take or deal damage.
I have not looked into it too much because that game save has a problem that is being looked at.
I seem to have missed this post. If you still have this savegame with this abnormal behaviour, please send it.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Troggy wrote:The only conceivable use that it could have would be to take away a character so that you could get another one, but by the time you get it your characters are already very strong, and having a new char would be crippling.
Definite spoiler:
Spoiler
After using the Gaze of Fate, pick your forth guild leader. At any time you want, have your new character use the Gaze of Fate to switch back to your old character. You should be able to do this as often as you want, but I'm not positive.
Quellar 2
Novice

Post by Quellar 2 »

@Zyx (closed pits)
...it's easy to open them if you know how to (therefore I erase the spoiler above), but I was running around that area which has PLENTY of leeches (and one very strange monster) for a very long time pressing every wall, solving the rest of the Sewers (but not the south-east part and... well okay not solved so to say hehe), and eventually got Gothmog before I found out the opening mechanism. So for everyone playing it again and freshly with B5 this is nasty :D alas we are all quite masochistic anyway to enter that dungeon at all, so that is the way it has to be :mrgreen:

It is possible to have a fifth character? that's great!

@Christopher
Spoiler
ZO Liqueur
is a good thing against diseases. Which I found out with the first one to be found. I wasn't aware of *that* before I'd overwritten my savegame, which meant, I had no flask for a veeery long time. I wonder if there is a link between the healing and vitality and the number of health potions/fruit juices needed, and the priest level to make them?

@Beowuuf
*Is scared what else has changed*
You'd better be. }-)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hehehe, after over 27000, tough maybe a good description of the difficulty this game.
keep your gor coin handy
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

Does anybody else know what the Shield of Neta does? It appears to be a small shield, that I got from one of the tributes on the spider level when I used a wooden shield.

EDIT: I just ran into Death in the Chamber of Oblivion, and he is quite nasty. Not only does he instakill characters when he attacks, he also dropped Mophus from my party entirely. Good thing I saved beforehand.
Also, what is the use of the zoo below the chamber? Is it just there to be cool? And, what is with the passageway below the zoo, I can't seem to go forwards any more.
Last edited by Troggy on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I believe it is one of the original CSB items, and is just a good shield. I could be wrong...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

The passageway is an unfinished work. There's nothing here currently. It's the bottom of the dungeon by the way.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

About Death, its power doesn't require you to reload.
Troggy
Apprentice

Post by Troggy »

I tried checking the portrait for a missing party member, after trying it out, and they were not there. Would I have to use the Gaze of Fate, or what?