Xbox 360

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

PadTheMad wrote:I'd rather design the games than bloody make them - all that maths :shock:
Hey, look at this way, this way you get to do both! :P

Seriously, though, it's hard to avoid math when it comes to computers. Even if you get away from code-slinging, and just busy yourself with design elements, most games need some balancing of numbers: damage ratios, economic systems, interactions between various systems, or whatever. The list is long! Sad but true.
I'm not sure what it is with UT, it just seems to have that unknown element. It's nowhere near as popular as other online shooters such as CounterStrike but for some reason I could sit on the original UT for hours on end and not get bored.
To me, they all sort of run together. The one online shooter that I do play fairly often is AvP2 (Aliens vs Predator 2), it's also a very old game, and not nearly as popular as the current ones-- but there's just something fun about being able to choose from a few vastly different character types in multiplayer, rather than being limited to the one "deathmatch guy" (even if he might be toting a few different weapons)

Even it gets old after a while though. :roll:
somemale
Novice

Post by somemale »

I bought an xbox360 (It was either that or ps3 as I MUST play Grand theft Auto 4 when it comes out in october!!) and have had no regrets so far. Ive had it for a few months now, and only have one game Gears of War, amazing game.

I do admit the xbox does have its fair share of bugs however...I guess nothings perfect.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Ancient topic of the past! I've still got my 360 and play on it regularly. Just bought Forza 2 which kicks arse on so many levels. Not got Gears of War (and prob never will) Currently I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on Mass Effect. Only three letters can describe that game - OMG.

One thing I find frustrating with the 360 is the guide. Sometimes it can be dog slow, really annoying to navigate and such like. The dash can be a bit sluggish at times too and I can't figure out why...
somemale
Novice

Post by somemale »

No DM fans play Grand Theft Auto IV? Suprised there is not a thread about it!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Start one! :-)