People here are very polite

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: People here are very polite

Post by Trantor »

What, you never heard about the 24-inch pythons? No Hulkamaniac in you? You don't seem to be a "Real American"! :P
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Aaww...check this out, MW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM
If you haven't heard of this particular comedic group before, you have missed out :eek:!
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Ameena wrote:Aaww...check this out, MW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM
If you haven't heard of this particular comedic group before, you have missed out :eek:!

Thanks Ameena. I'm sure you know I feel so Doooh! :wink:
"Wuuf's big brother"
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Duckman wrote:
Compared to other forums (at least finnish ones) this is incredible, if not even unique! Great! Epic! !
ha! I believe you haven`t seen POLISH ones!!!!! (even small polish forums are full of idiots, and I`m not talking only about political ones!)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

I can believe there are, perhaps even more we have, but that makes finnish forums no less stupid. In finland there are, just like here, some very nice and understanding folk (trough not so polite, finnish is not a polite langague), and much of those not-too-bad types. But the worst 20% in are an incredible nuisance reqardless of the size of the forums! (in very big english forums about 3% are such, and here there are none.). And it's not only those of my age, there are more than a few adults of the same class too! Very big portion of them seem incredibly stupid. For example, if a newspaper reports about a crime, more than one of the comments may well blame the politicans because "they have made the crime worth a try". Not even thinking it could have been prevented much better with more respect to the law! And worse, tongue usage seems to be limitless -at least no limits how NEGATIVE and rude it can be. Even if it's forbidden in a forum rules you will see someone posting purely to swear, "SPAM", or insult every now and then -as quest of course.
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

For example, if a newspaper reports about a crime, more than one of the comments may well blame the politicans because "they have made the crime worth a try". Not even thinking it could have been prevented much better with more respect to the law!
same in Poland! When there`s an information about, say, the volcano eruption in Indonesia, they post dozens of comments like "it`s all the /polish/ goverment`s fault" and if there was a terrible car accident they say "all these @#$% thieves from the party X should be in jail" or "everyone who voted X should be shot/imprisioned".
Even worse, if they show a mother crying for the lost of her children died of a cancer, they can say "what an ugly cow" or post comments like "for sure she was a dirty Jew b@#$h, she deserved it". There are even people saying things like "gays/gypsies/disabled people will all burn in hell" etc. And there`s hundreds of commentaries like that. Of course there are moderators, but the amount of hate speech in Poland get so great that they just can`t stop the flood. I know for sure that in the past moderators had so much work that they were simply randomly deleting 50% comments only to moderate the rest. The main portals hired a lot more moderators to stop the hate flood, but they can`t do everything.

This problem has recently grown so great amounts, that just at the moment in polish media there`s a debate on "what to do with that kind of a net trash".

What can we do with all these idiots? Ignore them. But polish net is slowly becoming a big dump.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

WOW! Here at least they insult and harass mainly only politicans or those they are really unpleased to. But still there is about 300 times as much swaring as here in cowsmanaut, which is obvivously way too much, and thay seen to have no idea about basic manners. But at poland if I understyood right they intentionally BREAK them without reason. (here all but the worst do it only when in bit bad mood). Well finnish or polish, if this forum were either of them "for pruning" would certainly be the most popular archive no doubt about it.
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

You say that as though there aren't Internet trolls and idiots speaking of every nationality, culture, and language. :P