Cool stuff you've found on the web

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Lift the bridge, it'll become apparent (if highly weird).

I completed Motas last night -- took a long time and got hardly any sleep -- 13 Rooms! I found it very straightforward. Some very nice touches in it later on.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Just played and completed Escape: The Room -- a complete ripoff of the crimson room! And more silly too because it relies on tools outside the game envrionment which is really bad design.

Viridian room was fiendish! I couldn't do that one without a small hint that I found on a forum. Really was starting to get a bit out there, that one! But it made sense in the end.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Now this is a bit weird -- not content that parents fill kids with untruths at an early age, US defence actually condone searching for him!

http://www.noradsanta.org/english/index.html

Actually, I'm not that cynical. ;)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Argh - just discovered this post and ended up wasting most of the day playing various games!

Anyway - one more to throw into the pot: http://www.puzzledonkey.com

You have to sign up, but it's free and you don't get any spam from it.

Please note that this is not a quick flash game and not for the faint hearted; lots of cryptic puzzles. Its also hard - very hard. There are 100 questions and it took me 2 months to complete it (hence the lack of RTC updates for a while, and now a flood of them!) but is extremely adictive and rewarding if you're in to that sort of thing. I enjoyed it alot and highly recommend it to anyone that fancies a serious challenge.

If anyone decides to give it a go, let us know how you're getting on!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I hate to admit this, but I am stuck on the first PuzzleDonkey question! This does not bode well...

Are the questions logical? Literal? Lateral?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Dooooooooooooooh! OK, so it wasn't literal!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Gah! That's yet ANOTHER one I've played before! No WAY have I finished any of the four PDs but I've got to erm...question 16 (maybe 17) of section one in PD4.
SO guess what? I can be your hint oracle for any puzzles up to there too. Haven't been on PD for ages but I can remember the solutions to all the puzzles if reminded of them. In PD4, question one is fairly easy, question two I found even easier, then got completely stuck on question three till my dad and friend gave me a shitload of hints and practically told me the answer lol.
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

So... have you tackled the other three places yet, Gambit? The Office, the House, and the Museum? http://www.anodeetcathode.net/games/ :D

And regarding NORAD - I use that one every Christmas. LOL I think it's sooo sweet. :lol:

Oh... and the Donkey site - it's for a competition. I see there are 4 puzzle games. I found a site with the answers to Donkey 1.

Is there a way to play puzzles 1-3 or is now only puzzle 4 open - since it is a competition... ?

And I have a question about that bridge - how do I LIFT it ?
Never mind, did it. LOL
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

I still haven't beaten, um, either Samorost (I can't get off the screen with the hookah and the harvesters. I suck) or gotten very far in Hapland either.

By the way, I'm absolutely terrible at puzzles. TERRIBLE at puzzles. It's laughable how bad I am at puzzles.
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Never mind, I got to the goats.
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

For a change, Samorost and the other cute puzzles are easy for me.

But I am STUCK with that bridge. I inserted the three tiles and know I have to move one or more so that they are connected as a maze. But what I am to do with that "head" in my cage? And I might need help with the tiles - how often to move them... *shakes head for being so incompetend*
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Okay, I'm at the door with the buttons, past the anteater, and I'm stuck. Wah. Do I have to keep trying combinations or something?

This MUST be an easy puzzle, if I can get this far in it...
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

That is a little tricky. You have to push that piece of metal at the top left to the left side so that the ant is running down towards the anteater.
Then you have to catch the moment when the anteater is about to eat the ant and you can go past him. I had several tries before it worked.
If you wait too long then there is a block and the guy can't move until the anteater is finished eating. You have to try different times while the anteater is eating the ant. It's no good going before then because then the anteater will just ignore the ant and wait for you. LOL

OK, this post was a waste of time - I must clean my glasses more often. I thought you said you haven't been past the anteater yet. Well, you have to enter a code in order to open the door. :)
Last edited by Valderra on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

"Laaaaaaaaa". They were cute!
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Oh Gambit.... Help please with the bridge... :lol:
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

No, I'm past the anteater. I'm at the door with the switches. I pressed them all and don't know what to do.
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Never mind, got it. Accidentally. Whee.
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Yeah... I just added something to my post. LOL I misread your post. :roll:

BRIDGE... pleeeaaase...
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Whoa, I beat it? I never beat anything. Are there any other easy ones like that?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

MOTAS Bridge: I think there might be a few combinations. There are lines on the bridge apparatus that match up with lines on the tiles -- that helps. I think if you start from all the tiles pushed all the way in, you click the left one twice, the middle one once and the right one twice. Then release the "rat" into the hole on the right hand side.
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Oh... you are a star !! I was wondering where to insert that human rat head. LOL Thanks !! :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Valdera, about The Office etc: I played The Office but couldn't get the fourth block from behind the projector screen -- I can see it but nothing responds. Any ideas?

Here's an interesting little tool -- not a game:

http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Here's an anim of a woman being drawn from the inside out. No, it's not gruesom or feaky:

http://fcmx.net/vec/v.php?i=003702

But this one of a family portrait is a wee bit gruesome, but also neat:

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=7601
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Regarding Puzzle Donkey, yes it is possible to access PDs 1-3. On the homepage near the top (I think) it says something like "Earlier PDs can be accessed here" where the "here" is a link which brings up a menu of all four PDs. I think you may jabe to sign up individually for each of the four but I can't remember and even if you do it's no biggie.
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Gambit37 wrote:@Valdera, about The Office etc: I played The Office but couldn't get the fourth block from behind the projector screen -- I can see it but nothing responds. Any ideas?
Oh... it took me ages to make it work. You should have a crank (taken from the armrest of one of the red chairs), which you use on the projector box.
Click on the projector to view the message and you will see an orange square thing at the bottom (it comes up with the message "there must be something hiding behind the canvas"). Click on the crank and then click on the orange square at the bottom.
Hope that helps.
Last edited by Valderra on Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh, I thought I had investigated all the chairs. Thanks, I'll try it out.
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Thanks for the info, Ameena. :)

And Gambit, I love those two links - the first one is great with that drawing of the woman. Right at the beginning, it looked like a bird. LOL

And the second one is really well done. When I saw the fist drawn, I first thought that when the drawing was finished, he was going to punsh her. LOL

BTW, I finished the game with that bridge - but had to look at a walkthrough I found, otherwise I would have never managed it. :roll:

I just found a couple more of these games. Click on this link and check out the games at the right-hand side. One of them is called: The Dark Room, which you will have to escape. That's a high-tech one.
http://www.lazylaces.com/article.asp?p=1066

And this site has the walkthroughs and links to the "Room" games as well. One of those is not yet in English but simple point-and-click makes it pretty self-explanatory. :D
http://www.the-geek.com/forum/index.php?showforum=103
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Aaargh. Now I can't get the book shelves to move in The Office. Can't remember how I did it -- I have all the codes but don't know where to put 'em! I was very tired last time I did it!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Duh, never mind, found it!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »