[Custom dungeon] Dark Reign [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: New User Dungeon from a Newbie.

Post by beowuuf »

Still looking for the last one. Just found as button I missed in that double room set on level 5, with all the ghosts. A set of wizard eyes almost killed me from the side area! Only missed a gold key that opened the teleporter shortcut back a level. Dunno why it's there, must be a reason...

AHA! Yes, that blue key is a topaz key. Sorry, I think I solved it at the time, or maybe you get the key later and I just remembered from something someone else said to backtrack up the stairs to the sets of doors and use the key. So I can't fully help you, but I definitely remember that key not being close to the door, I think you do need to get the key from lower down and come back up.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Yes there is a Topaz key which I got. The keyhole is like a light blue with a sort of white pattern whereas the key I need has a dark solid blue background beside it. I think I might just start a trial game from start just to see what level its on. I'll be back.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, that is what was confusing me, I just went passed the topaz key lock now. Hmm... I know the lock you mean as I went passed it too. And I recall only unlocking it just before I started my final pass in the last level. I would advise looking for the key one level down unless someone else says something!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I thought the key to that blue-squared-key hole was on the same level... I don't remember having any problems opening that door... if only I could recall any details...

I should have been making maps. I'm totally confused. I can't remember what level I'm on, I can't remember what I have done and what not... :( but I'm still progressing... :D
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I have just got down to level 3 on my trial game and at last I have found out where I missed a winged key. You actually have to open all the doors on that level until you get to the blue door key (which I have now found) it is actually described as a sapphire key in the game. Inside that door is a room with 3 teleporters the one in the far left hand corner of the room takes you to the winged key. I don't know now whether to backtract from the level I am on in the actual game or continue with this game.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Depends how good your sense of navigation is, some areas are tricky to remember the true path back. I think it would be less hassle to restart your old game though!

Grrr, can't find that last key! I should have tracked the levels I was on aswell. I was convinced I had got the winged key from the multiple door level, so avoided it after a while. Maybe that was a foolish thing. Will have to go back!

Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Multiple door? Which one? The level where you start with the Square key from an alcove, with four doors around? I'm there right now, I had to get back there too.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to continue playing. Going to watch ice-hockey on TV (Czech Republic - Denmark) with my friends. I'm already late...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Heh, and then the hockey thread at tots gets another post longer!

Yeah, I looked around that level, but found nothing. It must be something stupidly obvious!

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I have got the location of the winged keys for the first 5 levels if you want them. I also have 2 others but forgot to note where they came from. I am now back down to the blood key level so should be able to track through and find the last winged key. I started the game again from the trial game rather than back tracking.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I think I know which key your missing - intuition tells be its the one on the 4th level!!!!!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

What is the fourth level?

Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

It's between the 3rd and the 5th. :)

No, seriously, I don't remind it either. Maybe that level with the pit leading to the torture chamber? But I'm pretty sure I've got the key from it, because I'm on the 7th (or 6th???) (or 8th???) level and so far I've found a winged key on every level - that's the only think I know for sure. But don't ask me where did I found them.

I'm out of time now, have to get back to my regular job, so I can continue playing this great game only next weekend. :( By that time, everyone else will have finished it. :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, or not, I'm totally stumped, and will be likely to be somewhere really easy and obvious and I'm stupid :(

Vex, is the fourth level one behind the illusionary wall? That's the problem, so many keys and buttons, I can't remember what rewards were where going back through!

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

No its the one where you have to open a door with a gold key. You then go down a small passage which has a flashing haze. Behind the haze is an alcove with the winged key. I think you actually come back to this area from the room where you have loads of buttons around the room and the last one open up a corridor which eventually leads to a blue triangular wall button. Pressing this puts up a transporter in the big room. When you step into this you are transported back to a small room which eventually leads off to the room near the winged key. If you have a spare gold key on you then you probably haven't used it on this room. I am now on the blood key level with only one winged key to collect which I know where it is as I have been there before.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

beowuuf are you sure it is on level 1 -5 that you haven't found the key?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have no idea who I am or what I'm doing at this point, I've wandered around the area way too much.

The level with the 'use fire to open the gate' level seems suspiciously small and I can't guarantee I got the winged key. I have it in my head I got the winged key at the end of the blood key level, but then again you get so many keys there I might be wrong.

Could you perhaps PM me the list and I'll see if anything rings bells or draws blanks.

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, didn't notice the two posts - yeah, I have walked passed that teleporter jumping room, so I must have opened that one.

The spare gold key was for the room I originally mentioned where I found a key on one of the first levels

I did go in to the teleporter area in the huge room with the teleporter in the centre, but I agree that is a weird one that could have been missed

I actually found a second gold key, but it only opened up a teleporter back.

Anyway, I might just go back and double check my assumptions.

Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Now, I'm VERY confused. Thanks God all the switches are one-way (not turning off when pushed twice).

I think I'm the slowest here (as usually) - I've got six winged keys, the last I found on the "multi-door" level (with square keys). On this level, however, I wasn't able to open a door (by the end of the level) with a blue-square key hole. I think we were talking about a "blue-square-key-hole" door before, but the one I meant was on one of the upper levels (3 or 4) and I had no problems opening it. This one is on this "multi-door" level and I can't find a key. Is that lying deeper?

OK, I really have to go on the train to Prague, damn!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh yes, I can't praise Sauman enough for that - it's so much better in these puzzles to know a switch has been pressed!

And yes, that blue key you won't get until you finish the blood key level

Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

OK, thanks.

*runs*

*comes back to load his savegames on his USB flash drive*

*runs*
money
On Master

Post by money »

:( I need help again... I have completed a few levels and i've now been left with the Master Key (an Onyx key from a couple of levels back) and have killed all the stone golems and wierd black/red ghost things on the level. I've tried to walk around every wall/passage but totally stuck. I pressed the 4 red buttons to get a key hole but it looks like i need an emerald key of sorts... Any help would be appreciated as i'm totally confused about what to do.

I have also opened the skeleton key passage - but nothin in there too...
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Money you must be way ahead of everyone else as I have not yet come across any stone golems. Have you used all the winged keys and got to the corbamite level?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, money even did the RA key area beyond that!

You can tell there were way more levels, due to all the dead ends on the skeleton stairs, and how deep the torture chamber is. It kinda scares me, I had thought getting passed the winged keys was pretty much done with the game!

money
On Master

Post by money »

Indeed, this game is really good. The Stone Golems are (i think) about 5 levels down from the RA key area... from the skeleton stairs there is one more level to go... but i'm still stuck :(
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Hang on money well be there next year to help you!!!!!!
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I am on the Ra level and have just trigured the switch that switches on all the hazes. I don't think you are supposed to go into any of the hazes though as it takes you to a room full of naty things and nothing else. Well I thin there is nothing else as I didn't find any switches or false walls in there. Perhaps money can tell me what else it did besides turning on the hazes.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Money...

After getting the Master Key there is a large room with Zytaz after a portcullis. There is a switch on a pillar in here. If you have done this then follow the remaining route and there is another tiny switch near the end of this section that opens the end of the level.

But..... I noticed you mentioned having the Onyx Key from the end of the Winged Key/Corbamite level and the Master Key from this level. You should also have an Emerald Key from level 11 (the one with the red gems). The next level (15) cannot be accessed without it.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Vexirk...

I'm afraid i did rather overdo this part. There is one teleport that sends you to a different section which in turn deactivates the teleports and reveals another Ra Key.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
money
On Master

Post by money »

Thanks Suaman, 14 1/2 hrs and at last finished.... that corridor on level 11 had me foxed, i had assumed i went down it but once i layed some markers i realised i was being turned. The last level is v. tough, my champs were fairly well leveled - would recommend that most people take a trip via the torture chamber at some point in their adventure to level up (without just training in a room!). I also struggled a few times with food and had to return to the screamer regeneration room (3's the answer level) to get some good food.

I'll check on if Beo or Vex get stuck any more and help where i can,

Sauman - if this is just your first attempt then i can't wait for the sequel, this was really good and some of the puzzels were great :) so once again, many thanks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Meh, can't get the last winged key, it will be a stupid oversight I'm sure :(

Jumped down the torture chamber again for fun but forgoot how brutal the regen was, and that I hadn't quite mapped where the teleporter was. I have an old save, or more likely I'll just keep fighting through and figure out the exit

If someone can PM me a list of the eight locations of the winged keys, I guess I will need to do a full sweep of the dungeon again!