[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Saumun »

CS... If you got the cross keys from behind the pit maze, you won't have to do it again. It is indeed a difficult and frustrating part, and you're right... It isn't really for the beginner. Deliberately designed to be long and tough!
Spoiler
Just to reiterate... If you don't have five runes at this point, you'll end up having to backtrack. If you've been through the pit maze, then you're very close to the end of this section... where you will need them, or won't be able to get any further.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Yeah, well I'll give it another go this week, just reinstalled the OS and had to prevent win 10 from getting on my hard drive, garbage OS. Hope you're around later today when I get to playing it again.
Spoiler
I don't have the cross key yet
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yes... I'll be checking in.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Great, looks like Claude is getting in on the dungeon too :) He's also dealing with windows 10
keep your gor coin handy
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Well - I killed the dragon!! I am now at the part where the reflective shield is required I guess, there are fireballs shooting down a corridor at me that I can't get past. I am definitely NOT looking forward to going back to the hallways with the falling pits lol thanks for nominating me to make another map Chaos but I think it will be a little hard when I can't even stand still for one second! There were so many times where I stopped, fell through, and had to restart over and over... definitely a neat feature but is very frustrating (which I believe was your intent lol). I like how every section of your dungeon requires a different skill and the same approach won't work for everything.

I was reading some of the other posts about the rune items, I only have 3 at this time... is that the amount I should have or might I have to go all the way back to the beginning to look for all of them? The thought of this scares me!

Judging by where I am, how far do you think I am through the game in a percentage? Thanks!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@Sambini...
Spoiler
At the point you're at, you should have four runes. I can't be sure how far you'll need to go back unless i know which runes you have. If it's the Ee rune that you're missing, then it's not too far. If you teleport up from the dragon room and turn around and go forward a few steps, then you're at the area you need to get through to get the Ee rune.
As for the part you're at now... Right outside the winding corridors with the fireball launchers there is an wall with alcoves either side of it. There is a serpent staff in one alcove and a scroll in the other. The scroll tells you the mirror spell. This spell is critical to progress in certain areas. The dungeon cannot be completed without it. To the north near the oitu maze, there is another pair of alcoves with an illumulet and another spell scroll (though this one isn't critical... It's just another attack spell).
Spoiler
As for how far you've got, i can be fairly accurate here... Going purely off your position in the dungeon, you're about 16% in. Maybe a shade less if you don't have the Ee rune.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Didn't play much yesterday, can't find that
Spoiler
pit you were mentioning, I have 5 runes so far. Where is that pit and the cross key?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
There are two cross keys. They're on the other side of a large room full of pits near the room with the lightning haze.
Once you've got them, you're almost done with the first section.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I've got to a place near the fire where there are 2 rooms with moving pits. On the end of one room of pits is a gate that requires a key. Which I just cannot find. Could you tell me where I can find this key please.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I found the two cross keys, I used the
Spoiler
magic box but those demons reappear, going to have another go at it right now, might need help on this one.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master...
Spoiler
If it's the same place i'm thinking of, the door at the end of the passage (beyond the second pit room) does not require a key, but a few turns beyond that is a second door that does. Are we talking about the same place? If so... In the passage beyond the second pit room, when you step into the passage and the lightning bolts shoot... you go forward 3 steps and the wall to your right opens. Stepping into this (and on to a pad) opens the door. The key for the door beyond this one is in the first pit room. It is in the gap that is diagonal to the one with the chest in it.
@CS...
Spoiler
You don't want to confront the demons. You need to step on the pad beyond those two banks of blue haze. This opens the door back down the passage. The demons are just there as punishment if you fail.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I am missing a
Spoiler
rune. Almost killed all the demons :), had three magic boxes, so I replayed it and am missing that stupid rune someplace, what are the 6 runes? and I sure as hell hope it is not back too far
. The pits were sneaky man, lol, need a sharp eye. HELP. Claude is making a map from the start. God help him with those spinners :lol: :roll: :twisted: :? :roll: :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Saumun
The area I am in is just this side of the area where all the coin slots are. The pits open up in a sequence and then you go down a small corridor. As far as I can tell you do need a key. There is a fire place near by which is the only one I've seen in the game so far. Hope this helps in locating my position.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The runes I have so far are
Spoiler
UM, EE, YA, GOR and DANE
Where is the sixth? Please tell me it is around the corner.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@CS...
Spoiler
RE my last post... Ignore the demons. You need to avoid the hazes that take you to the demons, and step on the pad that opens the door back down the passage. Once you've gone both ways that the cross keys open, hit the black diamond switches that remove the blocking haze, then head back to the room with the green haze/lightning. You'll find something there.
@The Master...
Spoiler
It must be the right place because it's near the room with the coin slots. So.... You do not need a key for the door down the passage from the pits. There is no keyhole. You need to step into a wall that opens (not the one that is already open). That way, you can avoid the lightning while opening the door (3 steps along once you step into the passage). Once through this you will come to another door that DOES need a key (iron). This key is in the first pit room in the gap diagonal from the one with the chest. You need to get in this room because there is a rune in it.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I am very glad to see enthousiasm at "Underverse" and "Chaos mirror" as well.
Have you entered the central part of "Underverse". While I tested this game I got close, but did not make it, then was caught in other duties.

I sure will play it again. I wish, players will reach the end of the game and then a final release will come.
Please do not make the game easier ( unless absolute necessity ), I love to play Saumun's games as tough as they are with no help.

Enjoy the games, and bring back chaos and order :D .
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Got the damn thing, somehow missed the rune and headed back, replayed it to save on food. Reflecting a bolt will eventually crash the dungeon but not before the mouse nearly stops working, so there is a warning before it happens. Back to the game.
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I had no issue, testing the game, close to entering the central part.
I am afraid, changes have been made that broke working stuff.

I see, there is some concern about food.
I use to run each part to map and solve puzzles, then redo it with no waste of time. This way, I have much food, this takes little time more and it's safer to doubble check.

BTW: Do you make maps ? I'm a mad mapper, I want them all, it's part of the fun to me. Saumun added options to make this more challenging. No game will have the very same maps, but one can guess about this, making another challenge....It is a multi ( uni ) verse.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
Because the rune isn't in the room when you first arrive, the green haze that shoots lightning is really just a marker to say "remember this room". So that the player would go back to something they remembered after completing the cross keys part, rather than just searching everywhere for the last rune.
As Terkio says... There will be no absolutely definitive map, because in certain parts there are 50/50 scenarios. In some of these (though not many), the layout itself is different and not just objects/monsters. The majority of the map is always the same, but because of these areas each play will be slightly different.
Because they're all 50/50, like flipping a coin, players will get many of the same scenarios... but because there are quite a few of these areas spread out over roughly the first 75% of the map, the chances of getting the same dungeon twice is extremely low.
The scenarios are decided by rapidly cycling silent triggers spread around the beginning part, so you cannot know which ones you've hit.
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

I have been playing for a little bit and all I can say is I am grateful for all the hints here :) Seeing how I am not an experienced player I am already finding it difficult, so will be needing all the help I can get!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It's not one for the faint-hearted Zedd, but i'm sure you'll make it through!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

How about a general map, or make maps unique for each scenario. It can be discouraging for some without it. Claude is a map maker, I used RTC to map and Sambini drew her own graphs. I want a map as a reward! :P

I am wondering aimlessly right now and just found the
Spoiler
shield of lyte, have one more vi coin and those stupid monsters keep regenerating, wasting food. Where is that other coin slot?
Are there shops? and what do the special blue weapons do? Give it another go tomorrow. Nice job on the pits.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS...
a)
Spoiler
There cannot be a general map, as not only are the 50/50 scenarios different in layout/monsters/objects, but even when the map is the same... different walls can open to almost the same areas... Over the entire dungeon there can be literally hundreds of different combinations.
b)
Spoiler
A bit confused here... 1) The shield of lyte is at the very beginning of the dungeon in the first section, 2) All coin slots are in plain sight... none are hidden, 3) If you're in the place i think you are, this is the only place in the whole dungeon that monsters regenerate, 4) Blue weapons??
c)
Spoiler
I already mentioned in previous exchanges... No shops, no maps. The gameplay is pretty much like DM/CSB but on a much larger scale. Just big and tough/map-as-you-go stuff.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

How about a map that shows the whole thing, no great detail, just enough, perhaps colorize some of the possibilities, or allow for the big game map that DMII offered. I better tell Claude his map is only good for his own dungeon, he's really putting a lot of effort into making it, it will break his heart and soul when he finds out it is only useful to him. He makes great maps.

I just found the
Spoiler
blue shield of lyte near the coin slots. I have an axe, some swords, daggers that look magically imbued
, the regenerating monsters don't offer food, food is running very low, and I don't even sleep, RARELY. I also found a new
Spoiler
rune, kath. I'm now back at the fireball shooter that doesn't stop. Should I go back to the wall of runes with it?, food is low
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I think I must be within one coin
Spoiler
of getting rid of the haze to go through the ornate door. I have now opened up the room with the wizard and got the coin. Is there another room with wizards that I may have missed. Also are all the coins contained in the area beyond this side of the Bury Your Dead sign. I have got the key to the other room beyond the pits and got that coin and also the rune. Also got a coin from the chest the other side of the pits where that key was.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Sort of in the same place as you master. I have a rune but I think the black door closed behind me and I can't get back. The monsters regenerate beyond bury your dead. Replayed it to save on food. I have
Spoiler
5 chests, one coin, no other keys, a black door to open and a gold ornate door with blue haze with keyhole. Using vorpal blades and or beserk sword. How do we turn off those regenerating monsters? I'm going to count the coin slots in that room.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'm now through the ornate door. CS
Spoiler
forget the black door
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

What am I missing with that door?
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

CS
Spoiler
Just lots of coins. You need coins to open up the 2 rooms with the wizards and then more coins to get rid of the haze.

Sauman I am now well past the ornate door.
Spoiler
I don't know if it was intentional but I have been able to put 2 keys in the slot next to the garden. I also have a grid door near a fireplace that I cant open so any help here appreciated.
. When I put the 2 keys in the same keyhole I didn't save it as I am sure that it should not have been possible so I still have the key.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The slots will no longer take any more coins. I realize that the
Spoiler
vexirk drops vi coins
but he no longer appears.
keep your gor coin handy