transferring forum posts

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

transferring forum posts

Post by cowsmanaut »

(posted by Christophe in the old Chaos forum)
I am not worried about specific topics yet, but it is always after a forum has disappeared that we need to look up information that was in the forum

I don't like to see these things disappear.

As the aministrator of this forum, do you have any feature to export all the posts as a text file, database or other format? That would be better than just losing everything, even if it is not possible to import these in the new forum. You just need to make it available somewhere in case someone need it.

The same question is applicable to George and Alandale: if your "official" forums are to be moved to the new popup-free ones, then what will happen to all the posts at easyboard? Can you export them and put them online somewhere?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

well, I'm slowly trying to transfer many of the posts I think are still relevant. I'm not sure about the saving of the posts as a large text file. I'll look into on my forum but I think that once a post get's really old it's not likley to come up again unless it's a constantly talked about topic.

much of what I have in my old forum is just shooting the breeze or announcing new images or updates to the site etc. Nothing of major importance.

As for George and Alandale, I'll attempt to transfer some of their posts.. (again those I think need to be here) the rest they can bring over as they choose. Infact as you may have noticed I've already started with a few in the RTC forum.
Syl^cs
Neophyte

Post by Syl^cs »

Cow has his own forum, scary :shock:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I've transferred all the old forum posts as text files, at the moment it is a zipped file but I will open it up as a normal folder later

http://www.dmjump.net/jumpsite/cowsmanforum.zip

The files are simply 001 - 103, in order of latest first as of yesterday

Edit: Here's the full folder -

http://www.dmjump.net/jumpsite/Cowsmanautforum