Long time lurker, first time poster

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Long time lurker, first time poster

Post by beowuuf »

Hi, my names Beowuuf, and I'm a newbie to these forums, but I just wanted to say great work!

Ok, enough of that : )
I don't know why but hadn't realised until you posted on RTC that this was completely your own work - bloody good job!
I'll need to type in the link into IE so its always in the pull-down (all the others stay there, which makes browsing easy).

There will definitely be a strange transition period from the old ezboards, and the encyclopaedia forums will always carry on strong too, but this is the place to be : )
Two forums down from five, that's a good reduction, and the addition of non-DM related sections on art and writing should hopefully expand discussions...

Speaking of which...how about a seperate off-topic forum? For general talk and rants. You could include a sticky 'chat' topic at the start that people can post too just for chit-chat if others are around when they are browsing.
Just a thought... : )
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

newbies

Post by cowsmanaut »

you're no newbie.. :P Heck I think you've been surfing these boards longer than I have since I seem to remember you having a few posts in that other old forum.. the one that went down just as Ian made his own. Can't rmeember it's name but the guy had abbandoned it and the site was closing down too.

Anyway, this is an off topic forum.. thus the name other interesting topics.. instead of being about DM.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You're thinking of the Unofficial Dungeon Master site run by Daniel Durgan. You can still see some of it using the Wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/200101061147 ... el.durgan/
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And you can see the message board messages on Ian's site (under the archive)

I was really a newbie to the Unofficial DM BBS, I think I only started lurking there in July 2001. And LOL I had thought you were there way before me off and on commenting on things like DMute.

Speaking of moving posts, if I did it from the Un-official site, I can always do it from your old forum to here - there's only four pages.
Can you tell me which ones you've archived so far?