minotaur

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

minotaur

Post by cowsmanaut »

4 hours.. photoshop 6 on my lovley wacom. Time to give the hand a rest.. whew!!

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Very nice indeed...and very impressive for only four hours! I'm intersted in how you do the furry texturing, and how you get it to follow the contours of the body...can you give me some tips, or is it a secret? :)

One minor criticism... I think the tail should start slightly lower and more to the right, so it's right over the crack of his ass! It seems wonky some how! The line of the spine needs adjusting too to cater for this.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

fur is the easiest thing in the word to do.. hair is not quite so easy but fur.. no problem. :)

you start with your shadow and light as well with half the saturation you want from the creature as this process doubles it. you can always go in and later the hue and saturation but it's good to just save some steps if you know where you want to go with it.

duplicate it and do a noise fiter on it then make that layer an "Overlay"

Then all you need do is small short strokes with the smudge tool following the contour of the body. As long as you keep in mind the shape it should turn out fine.

moo